Bamboo Batting - Soy Batting - pros and cons please

Old October 13th 08, 04:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Default Bamboo Batting - Soy Batting - pros and cons please

Hi all,

I would like to know what the pros and cons of bamboo and soy batting are.
Has anyone used it, washed it, does it match say the cotton or wool batting
for quilts?
Does it shed through the material or not?
How does it wash, sew, quilt etc please?

Thanks
Di
Vic Aust.

Old October 13th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jennellh

I have samples of each type which I have yet to try - by feel, the soy
has the slight edge on softness. Both resemble the look of
lightweight cotton needlepunched batting. jennellh

Old October 13th 08, 06:05 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Thanks Jennellh,
Look forward to your comments.
Di

Old October 13th 08, 03:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Working on a second baby quilt with bamboo right now. Got it at 50% off
at JoAnns a few months ago. Love the feel, easy to work with, does
leave lint on the darker colors. The mother who has the first one (I
never met the mom, her mom is a good friend of mine) told her mother
that the quilt feels softer and the baby seems to like it more than
other quilts she has received. I personally have not washed it yet, so
don't know any more than that.

Debbi in SO CA

Old October 13th 08, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pati C.

I have used the bamboo batting, and some of the PLA batting, but not the
soy. GThe ones I have used are great to work with, but haven't yet
washed a quilt with them.... I think. Will have to double check later. I
will be washing one after the class in early Dec. VBG
The bamboo is wonderfully soft, and naturally anti-bacterial.
Didn't notice any bearding as I quilted.

Pati, in Phx

Old October 14th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

I've just got a bamboo one and will report when I start using it later in
the week.......it feels good--has a scrim on it......feels a lot like warm
and natural.

Lenore

Old October 14th 08, 09:01 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DiMa

Thank you Debbie, Pati and Lenore,
I really appreciate your comments. I have yet to touch the bamboo batting
but am looking forward to it so much.
Regards,
Di

Bamboo Batting Dannielle Quilting 10 March 5th 09 07:34 PM
Bamboo Blend Batting Report Pat in Virginia Quilting 5 April 30th 08 08:53 AM
debating pros and cons of harris 19-6 Torch Handle, wt040018 gloor light torch handle, and smith little torch bizHB Jewelry 2 July 16th 06 05:45 AM
which batting??? Roberta Zollner Quilting 0 December 13th 05 03:04 PM
AD/Request for input - Offering Gift Certificates? Pros and cons... Tinkster Beads 7 November 24th 04 08:18 PM