new subscriber

Old January 13th 04, 09:42 PM
renae

Thankyou to everyone for your warm welcome,

I am looking forward to being a member of such a great group.
Since joining I have learnt that xs patterns are available through Ebay
(which i hadnt thought of before).

I was also curious about who Kathy Dyer was and where I could find her site.

Take Care
Renae

Therefore I am very happy that Ellice posted that information.
"Ellice" wrote in message
Welcome, Renae. Your first post to the NG did just fine, and no doubt
someone will let you know if you ever have a question about posting on the
NG grin

Looking forward to hearing about your current project, and future

projects.
Plus just hearing from you!

Oh, FYI, there is some information, FAQs about the newsgroup, on a website
that belongs to K Dyer. The website link is:
http://users.rcn.com/kdyer.dnai/

Welcome, again,
Ellice in Northern Virginia/Wash DC

On 1/11/04 9:20 AM,"renae" posted:

Hi everyone,

My name is Renae and i live in Australia. i have been a keen

cross-stitcher
for about the last 15yrs, doing many birth and wedding announcements for
family and friends.

i am only just now completing my first project that i will be keeping to
hang on the wall of our new house.

i am very new to newsgroups so am unsure as to how they work, so i hope

you
will bear with me! lol.

well id better go for now

hope to get to know everyone

Renae

Old January 14th 04, 02:37 PM
F.James Cripwell

"renae" ) writes:
Thankyou to everyone for your warm welcome,
(snip)
I was also curious about who Kathy Dyer was and where I could find her site.

Take Care
Renae

Kathy Dyer is an extremely nice lady, who has been with rctn, ever
since there was an rctn; when rct started, and then split into y,s,q,n
and m. For years she worked hard at, first producing, and then keeping up
to date all our FAQs. At one point someone stole huge chunks of them, and
after that Kathy got them covered by copyright.
Her web site has not been updated for a year. I have not seen any
postings from her for longer than that. I have been in contact with her, and
she is fine. However, why she no longer contributes to rctn, I have no idea.
From time to time we lose people for various reasons, but one of the chief
reasons seems to be a dislike of the flame wars that still erupt
periodically on rctn. Maybe one of these days, others will learn, as I
have, that flame wars accomplish absolutely *nothing*; nobody's mind is
ever changed. It is far and away better to ignore any message you dont
agree with. But, being a realist, I am fully aware that nothing anyone
can say or do, will diminish the amount of flame garbage we are subjected
to daily, on rctn. Oh well!!! (sigh)
--
Jim Cripwell.
The gods do not subtract from the allotted span of one's life, any
Old January 14th 04, 07:16 PM
koalamom

(F.James Cripwell) wrote in message ...

[ snip ]

From time to time we lose people for various reasons, but one of the chief
reasons seems to be a dislike of the flame wars that still erupt
periodically on rctn. Maybe one of these days, others will learn, as I
have, that flame wars accomplish absolutely *nothing*; nobody's mind is
ever changed. It is far and away better to ignore any message you dont
agree with. But, being a realist, I am fully aware that nothing anyone
can say or do, will diminish the amount of flame garbage we are subjected
to daily, on rctn. Oh well!!! (sigh)

Yes, indeed ...... And one way you can get around " touchy " topics if
you feel you have to say something is to go the private mail option.
If you, party A, want to contribute some " information " to party B
you may well under normal circumstances have posted it publically.
But if you are aware of what the hot topics are and whose buttons
maybe pushed by them [ say parties C, D and E would be ****ed off by
the topic of your mail to party B even though they were not even meant
to have recieved that original message ], then save everyone the
heartburn and mail privately to party B. I do this frequently if I
have something to say - not only if it could be even considered
borderline for the " hot topics " area, but also if the words happen
to be OT anyways, you save public download space that way for others.
I learned this lesson about walking carefully around certain topics by
the school of hard knocks and I won't forget it. That is a lesson you
only need one example to learn ;-) ...

Julie
Old January 14th 04, 11:22 PM
Cheryl Isaak

And you've never lied, fibbed or stretched the truth.

And your reading of the thread was less then careful - others reviled her
too.
Funny thing too - while you were away, there were no flames.
Cheryl

On 1/14/04 6:57 PM, in article , "Mirjam
Bruck-Cohen" wrote:

That is hilarious as the last flame war started because i was the
only one not impressed , and not praising your ,,,[own admitted ] fibs
mirjam
On Wed, 14 Jan 2004 22:11:29 GMT, animaux wrote:

There hasn't been a flame war in here for about a half year. Of course if
you
count in the one about Mirjam, fine. I don't because I don't read her posts
and
haven't for over a year. Since you talk to Kathy, tell her not one
disparaging
word has been spoken here for quite some time and people are getting along
fine.

On 14 Jan 2004 14:37:07 GMT,
(F.James Cripwell)
opined:

"renae" ) writes:
[...]

From time to time we lose people for various reasons, but one of the chief

Old January 15th 04, 01:00 AM
Gillian Murray

Cheryl dear!!

Be careful; no-one has EVER got the better of Mirjam, including me. Anymore
I just read some of her posts, laugh it off, and feel "poor soul, just get a
life!!". Others, about fibre arts,I think are interesting, but not my cup of
tea. For the sheer heck of it, I went to rcty today. Do you remember the
canonisation of MLI on Marilyn's garden?? It was so similar. However, other
OT posts were most informative.

When do you leave on the cruise?? have a wonderful trip, and I will think of
you with envy

Gillian

"renae" ) writes:
[...]

From time to time we lose people for various reasons, but one of the

chief

Old January 15th 04, 11:48 AM
Cheryl Isaak

Gillian,

I know that!

I leave for the cruise a week from Saturday. We fly to Miami and board the
ship!
Cheryl

"renae" ) writes:
[...]

From time to time we lose people for various reasons, but one of the

chief

Old January 15th 04, 04:30 PM
Gillian Murray

Well, have a wonderful time!! I got an email from DD this morning, asking if
I was free at all in march. She and DSIL will buy me a roundtrip ticket to
Maryland for a week's visit; midweek they will take off for two or three
days in Las Vegas, and I will take care of the kids. DS is supposed to go to
Vegas for a conference sometime in March, so they are all hoping to meet up.
he goes to japan for a couple of years this summer.

I think this is also her way to get me away from the dreaded resident MIL,
so I can take it easy for a bit. Babysitting will be easier this time, as
the kids are 7,9 and 13. The 9 year old will be getting me to teach her to
"sew". She still has unfinished projects from three years ago.

Old January 15th 04, 05:56 PM
Anne Tuchscherer

Let us know when you are coming to Maryland. Some of us locals can take
you out for a bit of enabling and S.E.X. at our favorite shops. How old
are the kids? Will you have your days free while they are at school or
are they still at home?

Anne (in Ellicott City, MD)