Machine in shop

Old September 21st 08, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

Default Machine in shop

Gads, I know this isn't really an awful thing but I'm feeling bereft. The
knee lift on my Bernina no longer works.......it seemed loose and kept
falling out but it worked. Now, it doesn't work at all.

I have a dandy featherweight that I've done loads of piecing with. But,
with three DS, one DH and me, we have lots of mending. The sweet
featherweight doesn't do the trick.

At least two weeks....... 8 - (

I have to have it back by the 9th as I'm going to a retreat.....

Enough whining for now--back to cleaning the table!

Happy quilting,

Lenore

Old September 21st 08, 03:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

Isn't that something? My friends who come here and quilt with me just will
not use the knee lift; neither will our DDs or DDILs. On the other hand
(knee?), I feel absolutely deprived without one. If I could just figure out
how to attach one to the serger, I'd be a happy clam. Polly

"Lenore L" wrote Gads, I know this isn't really an awful thing but I'm

Old September 21st 08, 03:13 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
jeanne-nzlstar*

i suggest you spend the next two weeks piecing instead of mending.
btw, what is mending, never heard of it before. )
oh and eat some dark chocolate, it always helps.
tell us more about that retreat.
j.

Old September 21st 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Polly Esther wrote:
Isn't that something? My friends who come here and quilt with me just will
not use the knee lift; neither will our DDs or DDILs. On the other hand
(knee?), I feel absolutely deprived without one. If I could just figure out
how to attach one to the serger, I'd be a happy clam. Polly

I've tried both knee lift and knee control, and while *I* like them,
*THEY* don't like me! Unfortunately they need (oops!) to be pushed with
that area of my knee that is the OUCH! point for the fibro. Agony! Not
at all good, so I stick with the foor control and the lefit by hand.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 21st 08, 05:20 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie Patterson[_2_]

I've had the knee lift for years and I use it, BUT, I learned to sew
on a machine in a cabinet WITH a knee actuated power/start/go thingy.
Sometimes I hit the knee lift to make it sew! I don't know why my knee
has that memory...
Bonnie, in Middletown, VA

Old September 21st 08, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
"Lenore L" wrote:

Gads, I know this isn't really an awful thing but I'm feeling bereft. The
knee lift on my Bernina no longer works.......it seemed loose and kept
falling out but it worked. Now, it doesn't work at all.

I have a dandy featherweight that I've done loads of piecing with. But,
with three DS, one DH and me, we have lots of mending. The sweet
featherweight doesn't do the trick.

At least two weeks....... 8 - (

I have to have it back by the 9th as I'm going to a retreat.....

Enough whining for now--back to cleaning the table!

Happy quilting,

Lenore

Lenore, I do truly feel for you! I hope you have a pleasant surprise and
that your Bernina is back sooner than you expect.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net