Alexandra Zonis - Bead Artist - Loom?

Old September 1st 08, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Rachel Grier[_2_]

Default Alexandra Zonis - Bead Artist - Loom?

I came across this website -
http://www.mostlyglass.com/Artists/Z...s_mainpage.htm showing beaded
carpets. It is mindblowing. So many beads and so much work has gone into
these carpets. The kilim saddle bag is especially lovely.

What I would like to know is does anyone recognise the loom she uses. It is
this one - http://www.mostlyglass.com/Artists/Z...ad_weaving.htm
It looks incredibly professional. I'm going to stick to my little wooden
one :-) but I have never seen anything like it. I only know of the Mirrix
that comes that big.

Does anyone recognise the loom?

TIA

Rachel

Old September 1st 08, 08:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Beadbimbo

No, but I want one!

Thanks for sharing the links! There's some beautiful work there to look
at!!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

Old September 2nd 08, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Don't recognize the loom, but thanks so much for the link. She has
wonderful creations!!
--
hugs,
Linda

:

Old September 7th 08, 01:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Rachel Grier[_2_]

I emailed the artist and received a nice reply. The loom she uses is a
Mirrix loom - the Rolls Royce of looms. I want one so much (a big one) but
not until I
get a Lowery frame for my needlework!

Rachel

Old September 7th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

I hankered after a mirrix loom a few years ago. I shown it to my DH who
thought it over priced. He got me a large wooden one from somewhere in
Cornwall I believe.

I have got a Lowery needle work frame. It was a leaving gift from the
girls in the library when I retired. Dh made me a table to clamp in it,
with a well inside to hold my beads when I did beadwork or to hold my
bobbin lace pillow. I have a bead desk now.
Shirley

In message , Rachel Grier
writes

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk
Old September 9th 08, 02:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Shirley, I have been meaning to ask you about bobbin lace. Where on
earth can i find the bobbins?!?! I got this great book on all kinds of
needlework, and bobbin lace was in there and I have fallen in love. But
all the fabric/craft store near me don't have any of the bobbins.
Mind giving me a hint as to where to get them?

I do have a knitting/crocheting/yarn store near me (although gosh is it
expensive) and they may have it. I haven't thought to ask until just
now. I think I can make the pillow thingie, but those bobbins are just
too small to make I think.

Valerie
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.valerie-moore.com
http://valeriebeads.etsy.com
http://valeriesews.blogspot.com

Old September 9th 08, 06:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Shirley Shone

You can get them from
http://www.lacis.com
The plain wooden ones are quite cheap and you will have to put beads on
them to weight them down.
Shirley

In message , Valerie
writes

Old September 17th 08, 08:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.beads
Valerie[_4_]

Thank you!
Valerie

Shirley Shone wrote:
[...]

AD: Glass Bead Artist in Need Of Our Help! LavenderCreek Beads 10 June 30th 06 12:55 PM
Bead Loom Beanieme99 Beads 14 June 3rd 05 12:35 PM
bead loom plans? Diana Curtis Beads 4 November 17th 04 02:10 PM
male bead artist Marisa Cappetta Beads 2 March 23rd 04 01:34 AM
Question - Bead Loom Dr. Sooz Beads 72 July 14th 03 01:54 AM