Newbie questions

Old July 20th 05, 05:58 PM
Beth

Default Newbie questions

I am just getting started (actually have false started a few times over
the years but now I am psyched). I am trying to find the best prices.
Can someone point me to the best online suppliers and also answer these
questions?

How much should I be paying for soft flex wire (.019)

How much should I be paying for bali beads?

What is your favorite bead container?

Is there a bead container/work table combo out there somewhere?

Thanks for any help.

Beth

Old July 20th 05, 06:58 PM
Stephanie

http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist.html

This is a great place to start looking for reputable sellers and all
things beady.

Old July 20th 05, 07:33 PM
Beth

No offense but I am looking for discounts not fancy boutique.

Old July 20th 05, 07:43 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Sooz's list is FULL of reputable sellers, all of whom have been
recommended by members of this group. It's not a list of boutiques.
Check the category links to find suppliers that we have used in the past.

http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist3.html#Supplies

Some of the best (retail) prices on SoftFlex and Softtouch that I've
found (with free shipping on a $50 order) have been from www.wigjig.com.

For Bali there are many options, our own Nicole (blackcatbeads on eBay),
sells high quality Bali at a great price. You can also buy directly from
plasabali.com, zeelver.com and many others. It depends on what you are
looking to purchase - beads, spacers, clasps, etc. No one single
supplier has the best prices on everything.

Discounts vary - if you can find multiple items from a single seller, by
combining shipping you may come out better than buying in smaller
quantities with a discount elsewhere.

----------
Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay & Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Nurturing doesn't end at birth: breastfeed, co-sleep, babywear.

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness.
(Dave Barry)

Need quality, inexpensive web hosting? Check out http://www.lyonshost.com. Shopping carts, blogs, image galleries, content management and more!
Old July 20th 05, 09:59 PM
Polly S.

Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
Sooz's list is FULL of reputable sellers, all of whom have been
recommended by members of this group. It's not a list of boutiques.
Check the category links to find suppliers that we have used in the past.

http://www.lampwork.net/soozlinkslist3.html#Supplies

Some of the best (retail) prices on SoftFlex and Softtouch that I've
found (with free shipping on a $50 order) have been from www.wigjig.com.

For Bali there are many options, our own Nicole (blackcatbeads on eBay),
sells high quality Bali at a great price. You can also buy directly from
plasabali.com, zeelver.com and many others. It depends on what you are
looking to purchase - beads, spacers, clasps, etc. No one single
supplier has the best prices on everything.

After Nicole/blackcatbeads, I'd add jewelweaver.com for good prices and
huge selection on bali, gemstones, clasps etc etc etc.

--
Polly
Old July 20th 05, 10:54 PM
BeadHappy

I have to say that http://www.zeelver.com/ has some of my favorite
drops and dangles. LOL - I've been known just to go through their site
to drool over the beads.

MonaLS - Hayward, CA
WebRing - The People of Rec.Crafts.Beads:
http://tinyurl.com/d567d

Old July 21st 05, 12:49 AM
Dr. Sooz

~ After Nicole/blackcatbeads, I'd add jewelweaver.com for good prices
and
huge selection on bali, gemstones, clasps etc etc etc.
~~~~~~~~
Me too.

Old July 21st 05, 12:51 AM
Dr. Sooz

~ Sooz's list is FULL of reputable sellers, all of whom have been
recommended by members of this group. It's not a list of boutiques.
Check the category links to find suppliers that we have used in the
past.
~~~~~~~~~
Not to mention tutorials to show you how to do things, lessons, and
general information on everything from gemstones to.......everything.
Go look at the table of contents before you reject it out of hand.

Old July 21st 05, 12:57 AM
Dr. Sooz

Answers in-line:

~ I am just getting started (actually have false started a few times
over the years but now I am psyched). I am trying to find the best
prices. Can someone point me to the best online suppliers and also
answer these questions?

How much should I be paying for soft flex wire (.019)?
~ As little as possible. You can get in on some great deals by joining
group buys, and buying huge spools of the stuff, for instance. (There
are group-buy groups on Yahoo.)

How much should I be paying for bali beads?
~ That depends. I buy most of my Bali on eBay, and I've shopped around
for a long, long time tryiing to find good prices and educate myself.

What is your favorite bead container?
~ Depends on the kind of bead. Seed beads? Lampwork focals? There's
a huge variety.

Is there a bead container/work table combo out there somewhere?
~ Yes -- one you put together yourself. Organizing your beads is
usually as involved and expensive as buying the beads themselves.

If you stick around this newsgroup, and read and listen, you'll learn
just about everything beady under the sun. No offense, but no one here
buys beads from "fancy boutiques", either. (You'd know that if you'd
read for a while and paid attention.)

Old July 21st 05, 01:04 AM
BeadHappy

LOL - No kidding, I spent more time that I needed to last night
browsing through the list. Sooz puts together a nice list.

MonaLS - Hayward, CA