School's Out!

Old May 25th 04, 06:52 PM
Ellison

Default School's Out!

Howdy!
Time to stay off the streets, out of the shopping centers,
forget about going to the mall. In north Texas, school's out,
the kids are roaming freely, the summer drivers are back,
and I'm staying home to quilt. VBG
Stocked up on marking pens at the Trinity Valley Quilt Show
in Ft.Worth last Friday (my husband enjoyed our quick trip
over there, said howdy to some of my quilting buddies, tried to
talk me into buying a Featherweight [told him I'm not ready and
they were over-priced; he wants to tinker with one],
and I bought him Mexican food and margaritas for lunch),
got my next couple of quilt projects pulled from the stash,
and I'm ready to hibernate for the summer. ;-P

I'm not going to mention that it's the 25th of May.... *snicker*

Ragmop/Sandy--no kids in school this year, no summer students
hanging around to drive me crazy-er === YEE-HAW!!!!

Old May 25th 04, 06:56 PM
frood

I've got another 3 days of relative peace before being "blessed" with my
children's presence for the summer. I'll be going from feeding just me lunch
3 days a week, to feeding 6 of us 5 days a week.

I've stocked up on Exedrine Migraine, and Calgon.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

. ..

Old May 25th 04, 07:36 PM
Kris

Hi All,
The school aren't out until late June in northern Virignia. My son is 27
yrs old now, so I have no changes coming soon. I always loved summer
vacation & when he would be home all the time ( with his friends).
I love the heat and the sun ( and how, I'm enjoying the loud hum...
of the cicadas ).

Kris ( in sunny & hot, northern Virginia)

"frood" wrote in message
om...
I've got another 3 days of relative peace before being "blessed" with my
children's presence for the summer. I'll be going from feeding just me

lunch
3 days a week, to feeding 6 of us 5 days a week.

I've stocked up on Exedrine Migraine, and Calgon.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

. ..

Old May 25th 04, 10:51 PM
Charlie

They've still got another month and a half left over here! Woo hoo! Work
toughens up during the summer - we have to open the pool all day!

Charlie.

" Ellison" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

---

Old May 25th 04, 11:46 PM
Elizabeth

2 more days here in the Houston area. Summer school starts back on the 7th
of June so my break is very short lived.

. ..

Old May 25th 04, 11:55 PM
bogus address

I'm not going to mention that it's the 25th of May.... *snicker*

Erm?...

According to Robert Chambers's _Book of Days_ it's the anniversary
of the outbreak of the Marseilles Plague of 1720 and was formerly
"Flitting-Day" in Scotland (the day when people preferred to move
house). Unless you have a thing about St Adhelm of Sherburn, whose
day it is, what else is special about it?

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

Old May 26th 04, 12:12 AM
CNYstitcher

only 7 months to get Christmas projects completed

bogus address wrote:
I'm not going to mention that it's the 25th of May.... *snicker*

Erm?...

According to Robert Chambers's _Book of Days_ it's the anniversary
of the outbreak of the Marseilles Plague of 1720 and was formerly
"Flitting-Day" in Scotland (the day when people preferred to move
house). Unless you have a thing about St Adhelm of Sherburn, whose
day it is, what else is special about it?

======== Email to "j-c" at this site; email to "bogus" will bounce ========
Jack Campin: 11 Third Street, Newtongrange, Midlothian EH22 4PU; 0131 6604760
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/purrhome.html food intolerance data & recipes,
Mac logic fonts, Scots traditional music files and CD-ROMs of Scottish music.

--
Research Associate in the field of Child Development and Human Relations

Old May 26th 04, 12:46 AM
nana2b

Hi Ellison, I said the same thing yesterday. One good thing is that the
School Zone Speed limits are off for the summer. So when you are trying to
get somewhere between 2:30 & 4:45 you can actually go the speed limited
without going 20 mph every few blocks! School starts again early August.
(sigh)

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242