Houston Show Question.

Old August 7th 06, 01:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Barbara Sherrill

Default Houston Show Question.

I was looking at the website for the Houston Show that is in November. I
noticed all the classes they offered. Just wondering has anyone here taken
the classes in the past?

Barbara

Old August 7th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Barbara Sherrill" bsherrill@ia-pdq wrote:

I was looking at the website for the Houston Show that is in November. I
noticed all the classes they offered. Just wondering has anyone here taken
the classes in the past?

Barbara

I've taken a couple -- nothing too ambitious, though. I'll be taking
another one this time, since I've finally been able to get into Carol
Doak's class. Yippee!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 7th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

In article ,
Sandy Foster wrote:

I've taken a couple -- nothing too ambitious, though. I'll be taking
another one this time, since I've finally been able to get into Carol
Doak's class. Yippee!

Congratulations!

marcella
Old August 7th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Sandy Foster wrote:

In article ,
"Barbara Sherrill" bsherrill@ia-pdq wrote:

I was looking at the website for the Houston Show that is in November. I
noticed all the classes they offered. Just wondering has anyone here taken
the classes in the past?

Barbara

I've taken a couple -- nothing too ambitious, though. I'll be taking
another one this time, since I've finally been able to get into Carol
Doak's class. Yippee!

Deep green jealousy going down here...

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old August 7th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
DQLTS

Barbara
I have gone to Houston for the past five years each year I take one
or two classes all have been very informative and helpful. Last year I
took three needleturn Appliqué classes from three different teachers.
My favorite had to be the Darlene Christopherson class ,even though
she didn't teach it. (Her mom passed away the week of festival) One
of her long time students taught her methods.
This year I am taking three classes again two are Carol Doak classes
and the third is taught by Linda M. Poole.
So far I have not been disappointed in any of my classes.

Diana in dallas

Old August 7th 06, 06:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Barbara Sherrill

"DQLTS" wrote in message
Barbara
I have gone to Houston for the past five years each year I take one
or two classes all have been very informative and helpful. Last year I
took three needleturn Appliqué classes from three different teachers.
My favorite had to be the Darlene Christopherson class ,even though
she didn't teach it. (Her mom passed away the week of festival) One
of her long time students taught her methods.
This year I am taking three classes again two are Carol Doak classes
and the third is taught by Linda M. Poole.
So far I have not been disappointed in any of my classes.

Diana in dallas

I am looking into a beginners class The 3 B's ... Binding, Batting and
Backing. It's a 3 hour class. I thought this would be a good start to
things. I am planning on attending the show that Saturday...

Barbara

Old August 7th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

Saturday around lunch time there generally is an RCTQ "meet and greet" in
the food court area. I am sure there will be other opportunities to party
and play with friends from the newsgroup. I imagine Kellie will have the
yahoo group activated any day now!

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

Old August 7th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
elspeth

I am looking into a beginners class The 3 B's ... Binding, Batting and
Backing. It's a 3 hour class. I thought this would be a good start to
things. I am planning on attending the show that Saturday...

Barbara

FYI, I think that class is offered on Sunday morning.

Elizabeth in Spring, Texas

Old August 7th 06, 07:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Barbara, take the class. You won't regret it.
Even if it doesn't tell you everything you want to know
it's a good way to start.
Check out some of our former discussions about
The Really Big Quilt Show in Houston, at RCTQ Google, including this one:

http://tinyurl.com/r5uo7

Susan M is still the resident expert, IMO, on The Show.
We also have a side group at Yahoo that discusses who's going,
where we're staying, which classes, all that fun stuff,
and best of all: the Friday and Saturday noon meet-ups. You'll
have more info than you can stick in a wheelie bag-- which, by the
way, is discouraged and frowned upon at The Show, those Wheelie Bags
having a mind of their own and usually traveling unattended. g

Subscribe:

Meanwhile, sign up for the class. I hope you'll have more time than
just Saturday to see the show & take your class.
It's a Really Big Show! g

Ragmop/Sandy--sizzling in Arlington, Tx., just a few hours' drive from
The Really Big Quilt Show in Houston -- which is so much more fun to
say than The International Quilt Festival...
or else I'm channeling Ed Sullivan...again... ;-D

On 8/7/06 12:29 PM, in article