OT front loading washers

Old July 22nd 06, 01:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Valerie in FL

Default OT front loading washers

It's interesting how peoples' experiences differ--I have all Whirlpool
appliances and I have never had a single problem.

I bought the Duet washer and dryer a few months ago and I have to say I love
them. My whites have never been so white-it's amazing that it only uses 1/3
cup of bleach. And I don't have to go to the laundromat anymore to wash my
quilts-it was worth it just for that reason.

--
Valerie in FL
My quilts: http://community.webshots.com/user/vjkahler

"Kate Dicey" wrote in message
Taria wrote:

Time to upgrade my washing machine. Water going up 29% and I need to
reduce. The old machine (as Candice Olsen would say) doesn't owe anyone
anything. It has served long and hard. I'll take any good and bad
comments or things to watch for in the newer front loaders.

Oh, I prewash my fabrics so I guess this might be on topic : )
TIA, Taria

Things I like/find useful:

BIG door, for getting duvets and quilts in and out

Large load capacity (cheaper to was one large load than several smaller
ones! I usually have at least two dark loads each week!)

'A' rated for water/electricity consumption

Hot and cold fill (gas is cheaper than electricity)

Half load, light soiling and extra rinse options

Boil wash and 'hand wash' programs

Prewash option for very dirty things

1400+rpm spin

Been looking at LGS: will never house another Whirlpool appliance as long
as I get the choice.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old July 22nd 06, 02:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Maybe it is?
Were you wearing your glasses last time you checked?

..
In message et, Polly
Esther writes
I know exactly what you're hearing, Bonnie. Mine sounds like a B-29 revving
up her motors for takeoff. Polly

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 22nd 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
frood

I looked at Bosch and Whirlpool; they were within $100 of each other. The
Bosch had fewer knobs/buttons, so I figured it had less to break. I've had
mine about a year, and I'm very happy with it.

--
Wendy
un-STUFF email address to reply

Old July 22nd 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Valerie in FL wrote:

It's interesting how peoples' experiences differ--I have all Whirlpool
appliances and I have never had a single problem.

I bought the Duet washer and dryer a few months ago and I have to say I love
them. My whites have never been so white-it's amazing that it only uses 1/3
cup of bleach. And I don't have to go to the laundromat anymore to wash my
quilts-it was worth it just for that reason.

I've never had any quarel with the was quality: just with the build
quality and the after sales (complete lack of) service.

Old July 22nd 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sally Swindells

We always buy Bosch. I bought my old dishwasher in 1982 and when we
moved and there was nowhere to put it until we had had building work
done, I gave it to SisIL who is still using it! Its replacement,
needless to say is a Bosch
--
Sally at the Seaside ~~~~~~~~~~ (uk)

Old July 22nd 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Mika

"Taria" wrote in message
Thanks Kate. It appears there have been some shake ups in major
appliance companies lately so gotta check who really makes what
machine.

Taria, when you decide which one you think is the best, please be sure to
post again and let us know. DH and I are looking at buying a new front load
w/d also. My old Maytag washer is beginning to leak again and I don't think
she's fixable this time. So I told DH that I want a new front load set. I
know Whirlpool bought out Maytag so I have no idea how the service will be
with them now. We haven't done any research on the different brands yet so
let me know what you decide. What brands do those of you who have the front
load have?

Hugs,
Mika

Old July 22nd 06, 07:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nana2b

Sounds like the transmission is going. Look for oil leakage coming from
under the machine. That is your signal to start shopping!

Linda in Tx

Old July 22nd 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

All our white goods are Bosch, also.
..
In message , Sally Swindells
writes

Old July 22nd 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

That's what the repairman told me, and the parts are no longer available.

--
Bonnie
NJ

Old July 22nd 06, 09:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Bonnie NJ

The repairman suggested the Fisher-Paykel. I don't know if that's good or
bad ;-). From what I've read it sounds like a good machine but I'm not at
all familiar with the brand.

--
Bonnie
NJ