Long arm report

Old August 8th 06, 05:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Karen Garza

Default Long arm report

I got my Gammill on Thursday and I love it! I have been quilting for several
hours every day. I practiced on some muslin and some yucky fabric first.
Then on Saturday I tried a small quilt top. It has some mistakes and I
definitely need more practice. I put the binding on it today and it's now
finished and ready for use.
Yesterday I tried quilting another small (46" X 46") quilt top that I had
pieced a few years ago. This one came out much better, but I still have lots
of room for improvement.
I have lots more quilt tops waiting to be finished in the sewing room
closet, so I'm sure I'll get lots of practice.
I probably won't get to quilt tomorrow since I have lots of errands to run
:-(

Karen

Old August 8th 06, 05:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

If you run out of practice quilts, just holler. g

--
Mary
"Karen Garza" wrote in message
:I got my Gammill on Thursday and I love it! I have been quilting for
several
: hours every day. I practiced on some muslin and some yucky fabric first.
: Then on Saturday I tried a small quilt top. It has some mistakes and I
: definitely need more practice. I put the binding on it today and it's now
: finished and ready for use.
: Yesterday I tried quilting another small (46" X 46") quilt top that I had
: pieced a few years ago. This one came out much better, but I still have
lots
: of room for improvement.
: I have lots more quilt tops waiting to be finished in the sewing room
: closet, so I'm sure I'll get lots of practice.
: I probably won't get to quilt tomorrow since I have lots of errands to run
::-(
:
: Karen
:
:

Old August 8th 06, 01:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Foster

In article ,
"Karen Garza" wrote:

I got my Gammill on Thursday and I love it! I have been quilting for several
hours every day. I practiced on some muslin and some yucky fabric first.
Then on Saturday I tried a small quilt top. It has some mistakes and I
definitely need more practice. I put the binding on it today and it's now
finished and ready for use.
Yesterday I tried quilting another small (46" X 46") quilt top that I had
pieced a few years ago. This one came out much better, but I still have lots
of room for improvement.
I have lots more quilt tops waiting to be finished in the sewing room
closet, so I'm sure I'll get lots of practice.
I probably won't get to quilt tomorrow since I have lots of errands to run
:-(

Karen

Congratulations, Karen. Have fun with your new baby!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 8th 06, 07:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

Karen:
When my friend got her LA, she did her
practice on quilt tops for charity. Her
guild was glad to send them to her. This
proved to be a good learning experience
for her. Also, she was able to count the
batting cost on tax return as charitable
contribution. Enjoy your LA!
PAT in VA/USA

Old August 8th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Nancy in NS

On Mon, 7 Aug 2006 23:34:26 -0500, "Karen Garza"
wrote:

I got my Gammill on Thursday and I love it! I have been quilting for several
hours every day. I practiced on some muslin and some yucky fabric first.
Then on Saturday I tried a small quilt top.

Enjoy! I'm pea green with envy.

Nancy in NS
http://community.webshots.com/user/loves2quilt
Old August 8th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
TerriLee in WA

Exactly!! What MaryD said. I have some you can practice on, too vbg
--
TerriLee in WA (state)
remove the cats to reply

Old August 8th 06, 08:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Donna in Idaho

We have a quilt shop in our area that has two long arms and teaches classes
on the long arms. They use our Project Linus quilts for the students to
practice on. We get at least 16 quilts from them each month beautifully
quilted. Good deal for us and the shop owner always has quilts for her
students that need to be quilted!
--
Donna in Idaho
Reply to daawra3553 at yahoo dot com

Old August 8th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

And ... if you would like to go International? gg
..
In message , TerriLee in WA
writes
Exactly!! What MaryD said. I have some you can practice on, too vbg

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old August 8th 06, 09:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pauline

Me too!! Me too!! Me too!! I'll even unbaste mine for you. I only have
4 - 5, so they wouldn't take too long!
--
Pauline
Northern California