Cutting the cutting mat

Old January 12th 05, 03:01 AM
Dannielle

Default Cutting the cutting mat

Ok, so what do you use to cut up a cutting mat? I managed to ruin my large
mat, and would like to cut the good part of it down into smaller ones. But
what do I use to cut the mat? I don't want to ruin a pair of scissors or
anything before I get expert advice from all of you first!

--
Dannielle

Old January 12th 05, 03:16 AM
Valkyrie

I cut a mat up and used a carpet knife. Sort of like a heavy duty box
cutter. I used a metal straight edge and scored the line I was cutting
several times until it finally cut all the way through. I laid it down on a
piece of plywood so I wouldn't cut anything good, like the dining room
table, under it and cutting through to the wood won't ruin the blade of your
cutter.

Val

Old January 12th 05, 03:40 AM
Polly Esther

A carpet knife? Hmmmmm. I have lots of heavy boxes to cut into pieces. A
carpet knife. Yesss. Sounds like a great sewing room tool to me. Thanks, Val

"Dannielle" wrote in message
Ok, so what do you use to cut up a cutting mat? I managed to ruin my
large
mat, and would like to cut the good part of it down into smaller ones.
But
what do I use to cut the mat? I don't want to ruin a pair of scissors

or
anything before I get expert advice from all of you first!

--
Dannielle

News==----
http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 100,000

Newsgroups

Old January 12th 05, 09:03 PM
Jalynne

I just used regular scissors to cut mine, with no problems.
--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

Old January 12th 05, 09:04 PM
..Mickie Swall..

You can cut up your old cutting mats with scissors, though
I would suggest using a pair of scissors other than your good
fabric shears g
Mickie