Art-O-Mat

Old June 9th 05, 04:12 AM
Lori

Default Art-O-Mat

Evening, Everyone!

I've cross-posted this to a couple of other groups, but thought you all
might enjoy a look at this, too.

Not clay or method related, I know, but I thought it such a cool and
unique method of recycling retired vending machines.

While doing some research today of other Community Colleges I found an
interesting article:

http://www.kishwaukeecollege.edu/pre...-bennett.shtml

For more information, point your browser here - www.artomat.org

Take care,

Lori
Freeport, IL

Life is a work of art,
Created by the one who lives it.
~Unknown~

Old June 9th 05, 05:05 AM

cool! vending machines for artwork!

~ now, how to dispense pots without cracking?

~ or should we sell pots with re-assembly instructions?

~ or market as "Archeological Specimens"?

~ or just call them "chips"?

see ya

steve

Old June 9th 05, 07:22 AM
Steve Mills

I love that as a concept.

Thanks Lori.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article .com, Lori
writes

--
Steve Mills
Bath
Old June 9th 05, 11:41 AM
Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Take a look here at a vending maching in front of a barley field:

http://daishizen.blogspot.com/ Fourth image down.

In Japan, you can buy rice, milk, beer and eggs from vending machines.
And they often appear in the middle of nowhere like the machine at
the link above.

I have thought about turning a sandwich machine into a yunomi and mug
vending machine, and putting it near the highway next to my house.

Lee In Mashiko, Japan

Old June 9th 05, 03:11 PM

i saw that lee - what a contrasting picture! the extremes of ying &
yang? or nature vs consumerism?

see ya

steve