IDIOT!

Old February 17th 08, 06:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lizzy Taylor

Default IDIOT!

Lenore L wrote:
I left not one but two big cutting mats in the back of a hot mommy van.
They both seersuckered too.

So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to just lay them on the asphalt driveway in
the sun to see what happened. They lost their suckers and puckers!

I've got one on my cutting table now. It works well.

When it is hot outside, try it!

How hot is hot? We tend to top out at 90 over here, and that only for a
day at a time, it could be down to low 70s the day after.

Lizzy
Old February 17th 08, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Kate lives in England. It will NEVER get hot enough there. And I don't
think there are many concrete driveways there either.

I think you have to live in Texas or Arizona for that to work well!

J/K

Cindy

"Lenore L" wrote in message
. ..
I left not one but two big cutting mats in the back of a hot mommy van.
They both seersuckered too.

So, I figured it wouldn't hurt to just lay them on the asphalt driveway in
the sun to see what happened. They lost their suckers and puckers!

I've got one on my cutting table now. It works well.

When it is hot outside, try it!

If it doesn't un-seersucker you'll have what you have........

Happy quilting,

Lenore

"Kate XXXXXX" wrote in message
Me: complete pillock.

Expensive mistake. I could make excuses about not being well, being
tired, and so forth, but it really boils down to NOT PAYING ATTENTION to
what I was doing...

I had a nice big green Olfa cutting mat...

I have a nice little ironing pad for those times when you really only
need a tiny pressing area...

I put the ironing pad ON the cutting mat and pressed the bejayzuz out of
a bit of sewing|: FULL HEAT + LOADSA STEAM!

Pillock! I now have a seersucker Olfa cutting mat.

Well, DUH!

I have bought a replacement, and I shall save the seersucker one for
those times when some extra length would be useful and two large mats are
not enough (I also have a big blue one). It still WORKS, it's just
wobbly! No good for quilting cuts, but fine for long skirt panels, which
don't have to be accurate to 1/16th of an inch or less... I'll store it
under the mattress on the sewing room divan, and hope that squishes the
major wobbles out.
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!

Old February 17th 08, 08:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Lizzy Taylor wrote:
Kate XXXXXX wrote:
KJ wrote:
Especially at the word...pillock. I haven't a clue what it means,
but I get the gist.

It used to be very rude: it's less so now...

IIRC in Shakespeare it has an "ic" between the second L and the O !

Lizzy

Yes, but they seem to have been dropped after the 1600's, and the
meaning kinda duffused a bit after that. It ever got polite, exactly...

Old February 17th 08, 08:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Maureen Wozniak

On Sat, 16 Feb 2008 12:08:14 -0600, Kate XXXXXX wrote
(in article ):

[...]

I've been there and done that too! But you'll never do it again.

Maureen

Old February 17th 08, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy

In article ,
Kate XXXXXX wrote:

The really silly thing is that I have left this one out in the sun
several times and it was perfectly OK...

But it is comforting to know that I am not alone...

But, Kate, did you leave it out in the sun where the outside temperature
was over 100° F., thus making the in-car temperature quite a bit more?

Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net
Old February 17th 08, 10:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Butterflywings

Are you implying or suggesting or telling me that I should take mine out
this summer when it's 114°, lay it out on the cement for awhile until it
gets warm?.

Then what? Do I bring it in and put books on it so it'll cool flat..or do I
put books on it outside until it cools down somewhat and before the next
day's heat...or what?

At this point, I would like to try to fix my $85.00 investment...I don't
care if it is about 4 years old..it still is kinda big (about 50 x 36 and
the measurements are marked up to 55 x 32) and would even cost more to
replace it.

I'm open to anything that may help BEFORE I take scissors to it.

Butterfly (help help help)

Old February 18th 08, 12:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Sandy wrote:
In article ,
Kate XXXXXX wrote:

The really silly thing is that I have left this one out in the sun
several times and it was perfectly OK...

But it is comforting to know that I am not alone...

But, Kate, did you leave it out in the sun where the outside temperature
was over 100° F., thus making the in-car temperature quite a bit more?

No, in all honesty I did NOT roll it up, stuff it in the oven, and cook
it!

Old February 18th 08, 04:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Charlotte

I've caught myself almost doing that!! Wish I was a bit quicker when I cut
my ironing board cover I had just redone!! We all have those moments Kate.

--
Charlotte
http://community.webshots.com/user/charh108

Old February 18th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Charlotte wrote:
I've caught myself almost doing that!! Wish I was a bit quicker when I cut
my ironing board cover I had just redone!! We all have those moments Kate.

Well I also need to reupholster/cover my ironing board because I have
burnt it with the iron so many times this last year... I keep wandering
off and leaving it face down on the board rather than on either the
metal iron stand at the end or back on the stand on top of the tank!

Idiot? Gillian Murray Needlework 35 January 20th 05 03:13 AM
Pretend I'm an idiot... Su/Cutworks Beads 37 June 13th 04 06:48 PM