Attn: Tina - bag pattern

Old April 5th 05, 09:26 PM
in MD

Default Attn: Tina - bag pattern

The magazine is indeed called Quilts and More - it is a better homes
and Garden magazine, The cover has a bright orange quilt.

The bag is VERY easy (other than quilting I am not a seamstress by any
means. Took me only an hour or so to make it. It is definatly big
enough to carry library books in...I use it as a purse. Took it on
vacation - I can fit all of my normal purse things as well as an extra
pull up, some hand quilting things, a paper back book, some
snacks...the list keeps growing

I bought the magazine at Walmart - If you have trouble finding it, let
me know - I was there today and my Walmart still has copies

Roberta (in MD ... for 3 more weeks)

Old April 5th 05, 09:30 PM
Tina

Roberta - you are awesome!!!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you so
much! I may see if DD will run me over there now to pick one up. It
might make me feel better! LOL

Tina

Old April 5th 05, 10:07 PM
in MD

Aww you are so welcome It would make me feel good if this little
ole pattern made you feel better after such an exausting ordeal!!

Roberta (in MD)

Old April 6th 05, 04:06 AM
Butterfly

This looks quick and easy. I put 'plastic needlepoint mesh' in the bottom of
a tote I made..throw it in the washer (warm water not hot) but NOT the
dryer. Works a charm. I see they recommend TimTex but also that you remove
it before washing. With the plastic mesh you don't have to worry about
removing it...
I also put the straps around the entire tote (can be made to look like a
frame for the middle section).
HTH
Butterfly

Old April 6th 05, 12:21 PM
Tina

Butterfly, are you referring to the pattern in the Quilts and More? I
didn't get out to get it yesterday afternoon. Mouth just hurt too bad
and DD was feeling under the weather so I told myself I could wait a
day. LOL

I also ordered, online in the middle of the night Sunday - a book for
myself. Fast, Fun and Easy Fabric Bags. I found it at one of the
discounted booksellers so I figured it was worth having too.

Today I will try to get the magazine. Then wait for the pattern book
and also now - wait for the fabric to show up! I am so excited. Mom
is going to love this library bag!

Thanks for all your help guys
Tina

Old April 6th 05, 03:20 PM
Butterfly

Yes, that's the one. I don't remember how long ago I made my tote....but it
sure has seen a lot of miles....and carried a lot of things--including the
QI when she was not full grown yet.
Easy to make the bag bigger (instead of cutting say 12" wide--cut it 18" or
whatever size would be best.)
Just measured mine.
Front/back panels: 18"
Side: 4"
Straps 36" from top of panel to other top
Distance from base one strap to base of other (this is hard to explain): 8"
I have pockets inside..use snaps to keep them closed
HTH
Butterfly

oups.com...

Old April 6th 05, 04:18 PM
Tina

Thanks again so much Butterfly! I'll try this - it sounds perfect for
mom!
And I like the snap idea - I refuse, REFUSE to put in a zipper!!!!!!!

On my way now to the bookstore to buy myself a magazine! Yippeeeeee

Tina

Old April 6th 05, 06:01 PM
Tina

I got the magazine (and another one too) and it's perfect!

Thanks so much Roberta!

Tina

Old April 6th 05, 06:27 PM
Pauline O'Connell

Tina,
Could you post a review of the Fast, Fun & Easy Fabric Bags book when you
get a chance to look it over? I haven't actually seen the book yet, but I'm
thinking about ordering it too.

Pauline

oups.com...

Old April 6th 05, 06:40 PM
Tina

Pauline O'Connell wrote:
Tina,
Could you post a review of the Fast, Fun & Easy Fabric Bags book when

you
get a chance to look it over?

Sure thing, I'd be happy to! I'll even share it!

Tina

Child's hat pattern M. Burwell Yarn 6 July 1st 04 05:25 PM
Modifying a pattern Slinky Yarn 5 May 10th 04 11:58 PM
New FREE downloadable PMP 4 crossstitch pattern "Country Kitchen" available :O))) Misty Needlework 0 March 14th 04 12:54 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - art nouveau window to spring ! Misty Needlework 1 February 3rd 04 12:52 PM
New FREE downloabable cross stitch pattern in PMP 4 zip file - Sweet valentine :OD ! Misty Needlework 0 January 30th 04 08:36 PM