Wire wrapping question

Old February 18th 05, 07:58 AM
Jalynne

Default Wire wrapping question

I have this really awesome moss agate slab that has a hole drilled in
it to make it into a pendant. I'd like to put a wire wrapped bale on
it, but can't find any tutorials, or even any photos that i like very
much...i'm gonna play with it, but i'm a rank beginner at this, and
would gratefully accept any help you're willing to give. Thanks!

Jalynne - Queen Gypsy
http://www.100megsfree4.com/jalynne
Keeper of the Quilt for ME list
Old February 18th 05, 09:07 AM
Jalynne

sorry guys, this went to the wrong group.

Old February 18th 05, 11:52 AM
frood

Are you sure? Cuz, I've heard we have some beaders on this group. G

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

news

Old February 18th 05, 12:03 PM
Polly Esther

That's okay, Jalynne. I did wonder what agate had to do with quilting and am
glad you explained but it was a very interesting peek into another world.
Polly

news

Old February 18th 05, 12:47 PM
Queen of Squishies

That's okay, and I'm not so sure this is exactly the wrong group the more I
found out how many of you love beads. : )

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Old February 18th 05, 04:42 PM
Jalynne

Heehee, yeah, i know, Wendy. But that'll teach me to post at 1 am.

Jalynne - Queen Gypsy
http://www.100megsfree4.com/jalynne
Keeper of the Quilt for ME list

Old February 18th 05, 04:50 PM
Diana Curtis

No, it won't. :-) But thats ok. Sometimes mistakes are fun.
Diana

--
- insert pithy siggy line here-

Old February 18th 05, 06:45 PM
Debra

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:58:14 -0800, Jalynne
wrote:

I have this really awesome moss agate slab that has a hole drilled in
it to make it into a pendant. I'd like to put a wire wrapped bale on
it, but can't find any tutorials, or even any photos that i like very
much...i'm gonna play with it, but i'm a rank beginner at this, and
would gratefully accept any help you're willing to give. Thanks!

Jalynne - Queen Gypsy
http://www.100megsfree4.com/jalynne
Keeper of the Quilt for ME list

This is the tutorial I was given by a veteran wire wrapper.
Take wire in hand A.
Take stone in hand B.
Wrap wire around stone in any pattern that is pleasing to you.
Make a small loop in the wire to hang the stone by.
Clip excess wire off when finished.
Bend both ends of wire on the stone so that the wire won't prick the
wearer.
Debra in VA
Old February 18th 05, 10:21 PM
Pat in Virginia

Well shucks Jalynne!! Here I was looking forward
to a heavy metal quilt!!
Grins, PAT

Jalynne wrote:

sorry guys, this went to the wrong group.

Jalynne - Queen Gypsy

This is what Jalynne sent first:

Old February 22nd 05, 05:15 PM
Debra

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 17:21:01 -0500, Pat in Virginia
wrote:

Well shucks Jalynne!! Here I was looking forward
to a heavy metal quilt!!
Grins, PAT

I can think of one way to tie wire wrapped stones and quilting
together. A quilted tablecloth (without batting) with metal eyelets
at intervals around the edge. Wire wrap some pretty colored tumbled
stones and then use French hook earring hooks to hang them from the
eyelets. Remove the wired stones to wash the table cloth. It would
be great for a picnic table cloth because it wouldn't blow away in the
wind.
Debra in VA

OT - Question about wire wrapping.... Harry Beads 24 March 18th 04 08:10 PM
Wire question Regina Beads 2 November 23rd 03 08:53 PM
Question about hammering wire. Marissa Undercofler Beads 2 September 16th 03 08:05 AM
Wire Wrapping instead of jumprings...funny tools April H. Beads 13 September 12th 03 06:14 PM
Help! Wire gauge question Steve & Susan Wright Beads 0 September 10th 03 01:58 PM