OT Chemo hats

Old August 30th 04, 11:06 AM
DJDREVNA

Default OT Chemo hats

There is a pattern from Husqvarna for a comfortcap. It cast 2.95 from a dealer.
My dealer gives them away free. It takes a half yard to make one cap.
Personnelly I didn't like the looks of it and I found a pattern that you can
make two turbans out of 1/2 yard in about i5 minutes per turban. It took much
longer to make the cap. I will try to find the directions for the turban if
anyone wants it.

She
Old August 30th 04, 01:14 PM
mauvicem

I am interested ....not sure if our group has this pattern, we have the
Husqvarna one....

--
Mauvice in Central WI

Old August 30th 04, 02:50 PM
Boca Jan

http://www.hancockfabrics.com/jump.j...emType=content

I hope this link works. If not, go to Hancock Fabrics and look for free
projects. Under Free Projects click on apparel. There is the Chemo Cap there
where you can make 2 from 1/2 yard fabric. Mary sent this link to me and I
have it in my sewing room ready to give it a shot.

I think it is a great project and plan on making some to donate. I have to
go to my LQS and see how much the material is, I hope it isn't too much.

--
Boca Jan
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/poo_de_doo/my_photos

Old August 30th 04, 04:44 PM
Kim E

A couple of years ago, my cousin was going through chemo, so I asked
the group for some ideas for caps. I made a bunch from Polartec 100
which is a very lightweight but snuggly fabric. Here are some of the

http://www.nancysnotions.com/Nancys/...=false&GiftID=
Easy and comfy, but screams Cancer Patient - good for around the house
and the doctor's office

http://www.nancysnotions.com/Nancys/...=false&GiftID=
Very easy, but looks kind of dorky

Best Choice was McCalls 3625
http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/mccallspatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.400003625=x&TI='3625'&pageNum=1&M= &UK=33952470.
I made 2 reversible hats for my cousin with Polartec 100 on one side
and flannel on the other. These looked so cute that my daughter asked
for one! I used the view that this has in green. I had to alter the
pattern a bit to make it reversible, but it was easy to do. My cousin
said that this hat didn't call attention to her bald head and illness
like the other 2 did.

Kim

Old August 31st 04, 12:04 AM
DJDREVNA

This is the exact pattern that I made for my cousin. It is very easy and you
can make it in 15 minutes. I decorated them so it took longer. Some I machine
embroidered on. Some I added lace and beading. Some I made the knot part a
different color then the rest of the cap. here is the web site again
http://www.nancysnotions.com/Nancys/...scssid=129CB6B
AF9054980AA32A4309E9AF4FA&Gift=false&GiftID=

She
Old August 31st 04, 01:58 PM
Diana Curtis

There is a hat pattern for free, similar to the Mcalls one, in Wild Ginger's
free to use software package called Wild Ginger. It has patterns for other
things such as tote bags, shawls, backpacks, slippers. The web site is
www.wildginger.com. Look for the Wild Things download.
Diana

om...

http://www.nancysnotions.com/Nancys/...ssid=129CB6BAF