knitting needle case

Old December 17th 03, 03:07 AM
Sharon Gates

Default knitting needle case

My sister knits - I would like to make her a quilted needle case - any ideas
where I might find a free pattern?
TIA and happy holidays.
Sharon in snowy Montreal

Old December 17th 03, 03:36 AM
Mystified One

This one comes made, but I'm sure from the picture you can tailor make one
that suits your needs. I also have one in a book around here that's made
using a placemat. It gives you a general idea of the dimensions you'll
want.

http://www.knitwitts.com/?Cat_ID=115

Here's a list of great gadgets for knitters, that are usually cheap, and
would tuck in great:

http://knitting.about.com/library/bl...ng+needle+case

It's the best I've been able to find. Good luck!

Old December 17th 03, 11:32 AM
Carolyn McCarty

I don't think you really need a pattern. Years ago, when I was still "on
the road," I made myself something similar to hold my makeup brushes and
other odds and ends. Still have it, in fact, with the brushes in it!
Except...I think my son stole my lipliner brush to use in detailing a
painting. What we won't sacrifice for our kids! But the point is, just
figure out the size and go to it!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green
If it ain't broke, it ain't mine. Carolyn McCarty

. ..

Old December 17th 03, 12:06 PM
CHARLES MURPHY

http://sewing.about.com/library/weekly/aa071901a.htm
I made this case for my Mother and good friend for their crochet
needles....Both loved them....you could do a panel of Seminole patchowork as
the outside ...then line with a plain fabric.
This really a paint brush holder.]

--
Mauvice in Central WI USA

Old December 17th 03, 06:04 PM
BDS2pds

This reminds me--does Bernat still make knitting needles and all? When I
started in the 70's I bought a needle kit in a zipped portfolio from Bernat and
still use those needles. Once in a while I need an addition- like a cable
needle- and never have seen that name Bernat to add on to my set. Anyone seen
them?

Punch Needle Embroidery lula Needlework 48 October 6th 04 03:33 PM
Patterns for making a Needle Case? Becky Andresen Needlework 0 August 30th 04 04:16 PM
Tool Needed... Jim Long Knots 5 July 3rd 04 07:10 PM
Tapestry & Knitting Bags, Totes & Needle Cases Accessories by Bettz Designs Marketplace 1 March 8th 04 11:22 AM
Great Tapestry Knitting Bags and Knitting Needle Cases Accessories by Bettz Designs Marketplace 0 November 2nd 03 02:58 AM