Looking for a pattern

Old February 20th 08, 02:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Default Rising Sun Looking for a pattern

Howdy!

It would depend on the interpretation of "Rising Sun."
As this little history lesson points out, there are several options,
depending on who's designing the pattern & naming it "Rising Sun":
http://ezinearticles.com/?The-Origin...ames&id=966415

The most common examples online are the ones that look like a
Mariner's Compass:
http://www.museums.state.ak.us/Quilt...8RisingSun.htm

http://www.quiltindex.org/basicdispl...useum-a0a0r0-a

http://www.trocadero.com/stellarubin...21924/en2.html

http://tinyurl.com/2k95j4 --the first picture

I like the "old fashioned" feel of this, w/ templates:
http://www.freequiltpattern.net/quiltingpattern06.php

R/Sandy

On 2/19/08 5:51 PM, in article uYJuj.4968$0%3.1263@trnddc06, "Sherry Starr"
wrote:

I found that one, and emailed it to her. I think it is similar to Mariner's
Compass, but more complicated. I think she will need to draw it out from
the picture she has. She does a lot of things I consider complicated. She
does beautiful work, and loves challenges.

Sherry Starr

"Mauvice in central WI" wrote in message
http://www.quilttownusa.com/mom/ssblock.htm
Is this it....
Mauvice incentral Wi

On Feb 19, 3:31 pm, "Sherry Starr" wrote:
Has anyone seen a Rising Sun pattern anywhere on the internet? A friend of
mine is looking for the pattern, and has been unable to find it. She has a
picture of what is looks like, but she can't find the pattern. I told her
would ask this group. They can find anything. I looked in EQ6, and there
are some spinning sun blocks that she might be able to adapt. Thanks for
any help you can give her.

Sherry Starr

Old February 20th 08, 10:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

Thankyou Sandy. Those are most interesting sites. I have printed and
bookmarked them.
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11

Old February 20th 08, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sherry Starr[_3_]

Default Looking for a pattern

A big thanks to all of you. I think she is going to use the one with the
pattern in the link Sandy gave us. She said she might add to it a little
bit. She thought I just design this thing in EQ! I told her she could come
to my house, and try to design it in EQ, but that my EQ skills aren't that
good.

Sherry Starr

"Sherry Starr" wrote in message
Has anyone seen a Rising Sun pattern anywhere on the internet? A friend
of mine is looking for the pattern, and has been unable to find it. She
has a picture of what is looks like, but she can't find the pattern. I
told her I would ask this group. They can find anything. I looked in