New Year's Show & Tell

Old January 9th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Default New Year's Show & Tell

Ah - you caught that on a good day, usually I'm up to my eyeballs in
'stuff'!

Barbara

Bead & Polymer Clay Votary

There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave Barry)

http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com

Dicon wrote:
"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message

I have a bunch of new things up in my gallery online, including beads,
pendants and bottles of hope.

http://www.penguintrax.com/gallery/v/Latest-Work/

Ye God's, you are tidy,my studio looks like a tip!
I wish I could find some "tidy pills", cause I am always miss-placing
things, almost seconds after putting them down.

Old January 11th 07, 03:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Oh, that dollhouse food is SO darling!

And hey... I've always wondered this but never asked any poly-clayers...
All of those gorgeous roses that I see on bracelets, mixed in with silver,
lampwork, etc... you know, those real embellished ones. What if you need
to clean the bracelet?? Can the polymer clay withstand jewelry cleaner or
does the finish come off? Thanks!

love,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

"D Curtis" wrote in message
news : Hey! I didnt even know you had a picture of that froggy. Thanks Barb,
: and thanks Linda for bringing it to my attention.
: I made a bunch more frogs to put in my etsy store.
: Barb, the things you do with clay are boggling. I like the aged looking
: bottle.
: Hugs (and catch me if you can again on yahoo)
: Di
: http://duet.etsy.com
:
: Barbara Forbes-Lyons wrote:
: Thanks, Linda! The frog was actually sculpted by Diana (remember her?),
: but I've been having lots and lots of fun with clay.
:
: I probably won't make B&B this year - I can't really find a class or two
: that I'm dying to take, unfortunately.
:
: Good to be posting again, if only a bit.
:
: Love,
: B.
:
:
: Barbara
:
: Bead & Polymer Clay Votary
:
: There is a very fine line between a hobby and mental illness. (Dave
Barry)
:
: http://www.penguintrax.com and http://www.backseatgrammarian.com
: NEW! http://www.polymerclayworkshops.com
:
:
:
: bluemaxx wrote:
: Hi, Barbara! COOL zipper frog!! I would love to make things
: with Polymer clay, but my fingers and hands don't like it. I like
: your B&B pics from last year too... I didn't make it last year.
: Birth-Daughter's wedding took precedent. I was kept busy making all
: of her jewelry for the wedding and it turned out pretty gorgeous, if I
: do say so myself. ))))) Nice to see you post!
: hugs,
: Linda
: Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
: Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs
:
: "Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have a bunch of new things up in my gallery online, including beads,
: : pendants and bottles of hope.
: :

Old January 12th 07, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
D Curtis

I dont know, I think it depends on how the silver is cleaned but to keep
a rose safe I would put it on a removable fastener. Polyclay is a
wonderful product but it is plastic and can scratch easily. I would
thing chemicals could affect it, too.
Thank you so much for stopping in to see the polywork I am doing now.. I
love making food in mini!
Diana
http://duet.etsy.com

Old January 12th 07, 07:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

Thanks for the info, Diana. )) It always helps to know your product,
especially when I sell something. I enjoy telling people how to care for
their new jewelry and sometimes I imagine 50 years into the future... what
people will say about the things I've created that they find in their
mother's jewelry boxes. ))))

love,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

.. .

Old January 14th 07, 06:42 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
D Curtis

I never thought about future people seeing my work and considering where
it came from but its a wonderful, heady thought that perhaps I am making
someone's future heirloom! Thank you for sharing your thought on this,
it puts a whole different perspective on my crafting.
Diana
http://duet.etsy.com

Old January 15th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

But of course we're creating future heirlooms! Especially when I try to
take one of my embellished or woven pieces apart... it takes FOREVER, with a
million and one snip cuts in order to get them apar. lol... So who's to say
that they won't last for centuries!! LOL In 20-30 years, people will be
selling them on eBay, calling them 'vintage'. Oh, that we all could be a
Haskell in the future. )))

Old January 15th 07, 10:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

GREAT Etsy shop!

````````````````````````

Old January 15th 07, 10:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Dr. Sooz

GREAT Etsy shop!

````````````````````````

Old January 16th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Vibrant Jewels

WHY ARE YOU TAKING THEM APART?????

--
Karleen Page
Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
. ..

Old January 24th 07, 05:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
bluemaxx

heh... because if *I* know there's a flaw/mistake/frog/whatever... then it
ruins the whole project for me. Just sign me anal retentive. LOL
love,
Linda
Tucker-cat photos: http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs

"Vibrant Jewels" wrote in message
ink.net...
: WHY ARE YOU TAKING THEM APART?????
:
: --
: Karleen Page
: Member International Jewelry Designers Guild (IJDG)
: Vibrant Jewels: http://www.vibrantjewels.com/jewelry/welcome.htm
: JustBeads: http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=21770
: Join our Yahoo Group:
: "bluemaxx" wrote in message
: . ..
: But of course we're creating future heirlooms! Especially when I try
: take one of my embellished or woven pieces apart... it takes FOREVER,
with
: a
: million and one snip cuts in order to get them apar. lol... So who's to
: say
: that they won't last for centuries!! LOL In 20-30 years, people will
be
: selling them on eBay, calling them 'vintage'. Oh, that we all could be
: Haskell in the future. )))
:
: hugs,
: Linda
: Tucker-cat photos:
http://www.picturetrail.com/bluemaxx
: Cat Surgery Fund eBay auctions:
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZtwolegs
:
: ...
: : bluemaxx wrote:
[...]

AD Whimbeads Show Schedule & Bead Retreat Photos! [email protected] Beads 2 March 17th 06 04:45 PM
Show Report Gwacie Beads 3 January 18th 05 07:21 AM
Rosemont Quilt Show Report (long) Susan Laity Price Quilting 4 March 30th 04 06:25 AM
Sun Prarie Wi Quilt Show Mauvice Murphy Quilting 4 March 24th 04 08:39 PM
Carol Duvall Show - pass the word Nancy Handy Rubberstamps 6 March 5th 04 05:59 AM