OT - Good thoughts (again!) needed

Old August 21st 05, 06:09 AM
Sharon Harper

Default OT - Good thoughts (again!) needed

Just had a call from DH who is currently in Shenzhen in China. Apart from
having a dose of Bali Belly or the Thai Trots or China Chunders he was
nastily mugged by three of the locals as he finished some shopping and was
walking to find a cab to get back to the hotel. He's just spent half an
hour with the police who said that he was probably tripped (he thought he
slipped on some wet stairs) and one went for the shopping, one for the
mobile and one for his wallet. While he is not in fabulous shape he did say
that two of the muggers were in worse shape than him and one got away with
the goodies. So please, can you spare some good thoughts for him?

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (scared and worried in
Oz)

Old August 21st 05, 06:37 AM
Laurie G.

OMG = how horrible for him! I hope he is ok after this terrible adventure.
He must have beat the cr*p out of them (I hope!)!!!!!

--
* * * * * * *
Happy Quilting!

u...

Old August 21st 05, 08:29 AM
Sharon Harper

LOL - believe he may have sat on one while holding the other. Moral of the
story, never try to steal my DH's phone! Think he was more upset at the
possiblity of losing that than of the shopping he lost. The two he had hold
of have been charged although police hold little hope of getting the third
one.

quicker)

Old August 21st 05, 08:30 AM
Sharon Harper

Thanks, I've just been speaking to him and he's due to go out with a
colleague tonight but is sounding very sore and weary.

quicker)

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Many thoughts speeding to China for him!

--
Cheryl ^;;^ ^;;^ ^;;^

catsatararat (YAHOO msgr)

A large number of electrons were
terribly inconvenienced to send this -
at least read it.

Old August 21st 05, 08:30 AM
Dee in Oz

Good thoughts headed your way Sharon I think you probably need them
more than him at the moment.

Hope he wasn't buying fabric for you !!!

(((((hug)))))

Dee in Oz

Old August 21st 05, 08:35 AM
Sharon Harper

No, no fabric! Apparently Clinique makeup is dirt cheap over there and he'd
bought a heap of that. Rats! Still least he's in one (sore and sorry)
piece!

quicker)

ups.com...

Old August 21st 05, 09:32 AM
Sally Swindells

On Sun, 21 Aug 2005 17:35:47 +1000, "Sharon Harper"
wrote:

No, no fabric! Apparently Clinique makeup is dirt cheap over there and he'd
bought a heap of that. Rats! Still least he's in one (sore and sorry)
piece!

Hope he paid with his credit card - I seem to remember that some of
the adds used to show a foreign traveller loosing his newly bought
goods but being able to claim on insurance. Don't know if all cards do
this but worth checking.

Oh dear, too many bruises in one family, but he has his moment of
glory to talk about - capturing two single handed - like the hero from
a film!
--
Sally at the Seaside~~~~~~~
Old August 21st 05, 01:48 PM
AliceW

How terrible for him - and how terrible for you to hear about it and now be
with him. Healing thoughts go out to both of you! I hope they catch the
*******s!

I work with a young man who went for a training class in Minneapolis of all
places and was mugged. They stole his wallet and then proceeded to kick him
the in the head repeatedly. His face was pretty messed up and he needed
stitches above one eye. Someone found his wallet and returned it to him,
empty of course. He wasn't concerned as much about his minimal cash or
credit cards, but he was worried about his driver's license since it was his
source of ID for the airport. What is this world coming to?

--
Alice in NJ, Royal Cybrarian
http://www.ourcyberfamily.us/

"Sharon Harper" wrote in message
u...
: Just had a call from DH who is currently in Shenzhen in China. Apart from
: having a dose of Bali Belly or the Thai Trots or China Chunders he was
: nastily mugged by three of the locals as he finished some shopping and was
: walking to find a cab to get back to the hotel. He's just spent half an
: hour with the police who said that he was probably tripped (he thought he
: slipped on some wet stairs) and one went for the shopping, one for the
: mobile and one for his wallet. While he is not in fabulous shape he did
say
: that two of the muggers were in worse shape than him and one got away with
: the goodies. So please, can you spare some good thoughts for him?
:
:
: --
: Sharon from Melbourne Australia (Queen of Down Under) (scared and worried
in
: Oz)
: http://www.geocities.com/shazrules/craft.html (takes a while to load)
: http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shazrules/my_photos (same as website but
: quicker)
:
:

Old August 21st 05, 02:51 PM
Musicmaker

now I know why I stay home so much! My thoughts are with him