OT - way OT - drug update

Old August 19th 05, 02:46 PM
Queen of Squishies

Default OT - way OT - drug update

My doc said to wean myself off the pain medication, and I got down to one a
day. Two days ago I was supposed to be able to go to none. I haven't been
able to do it yet. Keep in mind, this is not for pain anymore. I just get
all wired and stressed until I just have to take it and calm down. sigh.
Maybe today will be the day of victory??

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Winston Churchill said never give up, never give up, never, never, never.

Old August 19th 05, 02:48 PM
Hanne Gottliebsen

Can you halve them? I know not all tablets can be halved, but some can.
Might help?

Pain meds can be powerfull stuff - good luck in beating this one!

Hanne in London

Old August 19th 05, 02:53 PM
Pat in Virginia

Here is how I handled a situation, perhaps this will help you.
Five years ago I quit smoking after about 35 years. I went cold
turkey. Sometimes it was a bit nerve wracking. When ever I got
anxious for a smoke, I just put on a cap and headed out the door,
and walked around the block, or a mile or so, then headed home
when I felt more relaxed. This happened often at first, then less
as I became more confident in my ability to stay smoke free.
Eventually I worked a long walk of over three miles and/or
Jazzercise into my regular routine. I broke the cigarette habit.

Good luck on winning your own issue. You can do it, Karen, you
can do it!

PAT, smoke free in VA/USA
PS: chocolate helps

Old August 19th 05, 03:10 PM
Sandy Foster

In article TolNe.262270$x96.199052@attbi_s72,
"Queen of Squishies" RisingStars @ KarenTucker.com wrote:

My doc said to wean myself off the pain medication, and I got down to one a
day. Two days ago I was supposed to be able to go to none. I haven't been
able to do it yet. Keep in mind, this is not for pain anymore. I just get
all wired and stressed until I just have to take it and calm down. sigh.
Maybe today will be the day of victory??

Karen, Queen of Squishies
Winston Churchill said never give up, never give up, never, never, never.

But Karen, even weaning yourself down to one a day is wonderful
progress! I'm sure that you'll be able to get off the pills completely
-- just give it some time. Pat's suggestion sounds like a good one.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old August 19th 05, 03:14 PM
Bobbie Sews Moore

Congratulations on quiting smoking.
DH quit after smoking for over 20 years and that was more than 30 years ago.
It was very hard to do.
Barbara in SC

Old August 19th 05, 03:25 PM
SNIGDIBBLY

sending prayers that you have the strength to toss them. It is the drug
that is making you stress and get wired - that's the nature of the drug that
makes it addictive. You will find - with time - that those anxious feelings
will go away - but more importantly you will learn that you can bear it
without the crutch of medication. Stay strong dear friend.

SNIGDIBBLY
~e~
"
/ \

Old August 19th 05, 04:06 PM
Butterfly

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!! I'm sooooooooo pleased you went to your
Dr before you started this. I have to go to 1/2 MG decrease on Prednisone
and I can only change it every MONTH so don't rush. If you go slow enuf you
will not have to go back on---according to my Dr with my med. Not sure about
your med.......just continue to go SLOW so it will be complete. Dr says I
may never be able to get to 0 MG that's why I'm so slow now so when its GONE
it will be GONE. My bod needs to restart itself in that area and that may
take some doing after being on it for 6 years. BUT I'm __WALKING__ which is
the best result of going on it in the first place.... ((I was NOT warned of
ANY of the side effects when the first Dr put me on this....I sure would
have done a lot of homework before I started if I would have had any inkling
of the side effects)) At least now I have Drs that are worth their fees.

HTH

Butterfly

Old August 19th 05, 04:08 PM
Cappy

One of the things my aunt did to quit something (I don't remember what - smoking
maybe?) was to go on a trip. She actually went camping. A different venue,
different schedule, exciting new things to see for the first few days of the
withdrawal. Do you have time to go somewhere exciting for the weekend?

Cappy