Hubby amazed me & Julie's hug quilt

Old March 12th 05, 01:55 PM
Joanne Passmore

Default Hubby amazed me & Julie's hug quilt

Hi everyone- just wanted to give you an update on the hug quilts for Keith &
Julie. As you know I delivered Keith's hug quilt two weeks ago. Keith is
very weak and hasn't eaten in over a week. But is so grateful for his
quilt. I have Julie's almost completely pieced- just the cross sashing and
then off to our local QS. They have just purchased a quilting machine and
the owner said Julie's quilt would go to the top of the list for quilting.
What a terrific store owner! I machine pieced Keith's myself and found it
really difficult to manipulate around my machine. I still am paying for it
with my bad back & shoulders. So I was thrilled when Leslie said the store
would be happy to do it. DH helped me layout the hug blocks for Julie's
quilt and I liked every one of his suggestions! (Normally we don't like any
of the same colours or patterns!)

We are on our March break right now so I am hoping to get some of my 2005
Challenge projects completed this week. I have honestly stuck to my
resolution not to buy ANY fabric until all of the 21 projects are completed.
However.... I didn't say anything about quilting books & embellishments!
Every time I go into our QS just for a little "fix" I find a beautiful book
that I know I won't be able to afford when I retire...so I have purchased
three books! I will have to stop using that rationale or I will never be
able to retire.

Youngest son left the nest last Sunday. It is fun getting to know my husband
again and have the freedom in our home after 27 years as parents. I was
going to move my sewing machine & paraphenalia (?) into DS's old bedroom
but then realized I would never be in the same room as DH when he is
relaxing in the family room. So have decided to leave everything as is. I do
miss our boys but am liking the...quiet, the cleanliness, no spit in the
sink, no smelly size 13's in the front hall, the toilet seat down, the
grocery bills, and how much less cooking I need to do. WhooHoo.

Old March 13th 05, 04:48 AM
Susan Laity Price

You may not want to move your machines into your son's old room but
how about taking over the closet for storage? We have let the one son
still living at home expand into two rooms. One for sleeping and
clothes, the other for computer, TV and books. I get the closet in the
second bedroom. It is really opening space in my studio to store large
things like the roll of batting and the 108" backing I purchase by the
bolt. I also put some selected tubs of fabric in that closet like
Christmas and African prints.

Susan

Old March 13th 05, 12:56 PM
Joanne Passmore

On 3/12/05 9:29 PM, in article , "Dannielle"
wrote:

Pictures? Do we have pictures to share?

Dannielle

Dannielle there are pics of Keith's quilt at:
http://community.webshots.com/album/283164073ARaNCb?613
Let me know if it doesn't work.

Old March 13th 05, 04:21 PM
Dannielle

Beautiful! I can't wait to see the other one as well!

Fantastic job Joanne!

Nice Quilt Story Sk8eraunt Quilting 4 October 2nd 04 03:46 PM
Local Quilt Show teleflora Quilting 6 September 5th 04 05:38 AM
Returned Quilt -- What to do with it?? Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Quilting 20 March 8th 04 06:55 PM
De-lurk, vintage quilt tops, and an idea Debra Quilting 7 January 15th 04 03:58 AM
quilt progress and a quilt story..a bit long, and with a question CNYstitcher Quilting 4 September 30th 03 03:48 AM