New Toy/Business Happy Dance!!!

Old October 23rd 05, 05:48 PM
Bonnie

Default New Toy/Business Happy Dance!!!

WOW! I'm SO excited for you Jan!!!! I know this has been your dream - how
wonderful it must be to see it come true! What a perfect situation for you
too - you can stay home with Jess, have fun doing what you love and make
money at the same time!

Now I've got a million questions! When will your new baby arrive? What
will you quilt first? Are you going to advertise when you are ready? I bet
if you get the word out at all the area quilt shops that will help. And
these days you can even print up your own business cards using your
computer! How exciting!

Keep us posted and take pictures when you have it all set up!

Very happy for you!
Bonnie in Missouri

PS
If you are really that happy about cleaning you can come to my house when
you are done! ; )

"Jan" wrote in message
25.201...
I know I've been quiet lately, but I've been very busy. As of yesterday,
Art & I are officially starting a new business!! We put a deposit down on
a long arm!!! I'm so excited!!!!! It will allow me to stay home with DD
as long as she needs me to, but give me a way to contribute to the bottom
line as well as a creative outlet!!!!!!! Now if I'm this excited after
just placing the order.... I probably won't sleep for a week after it
comes. Won't take in any business until I practice enough to be good...
just sooooooo excited about my new toy that I wanted to share!! And, if
anyone has ever thought about it, can I just say that Merrily We Quilt
Along in Springfield MO has been great!!! :-)))))) That's all for now...
I have to go clean some more..... only time in my life I've ever been
happy
about cleaning!!

Jan

Old October 23rd 05, 06:22 PM
Bonnie

It sounds like you are more than ready! Where do you take longarm classes?
You are smart to start slow as you will need to get comfortable with it
first. But with your talents I bet you'll have a business up and going in
no time!

I'm glad you have a good place to keep it until you get your basement
finished. That would be my problem with a long arm - no room for it! Our
basement is unfinished except for one small room - my sewing room. We put
up walls and finished that room only and I love it even though the space is
tight. The rest of our basement is used for storage and packed tight.

I didn't make it to any shows this weekend as I got hit with a bad cold and
stomach bug both - yuck. That's what I get for working in a medical office.
Thanks for asking about my brother. We are anxiously awaiting the results
of my blood work to see if I can be a stem cell donor for him. I am the
only person they will even consider as a donor (if I match) because his
overall condition is not that good. They said a sibling would be the safest
chance. We have one other brother but he lived in Africa for several years
as a missionary and had dingay fever while there. Because of that he is not
a candidate to donate stem cells. We hope to hear from Mayo this week -
I'll let you know.

Congratulation again - I'm so happy for you!

Bonnie

"Jan" wrote

Thanks Bonnie! :-)

I already made business cards and I'm working on my brochures.. lol...
have a rough draft of a web page, but it needs a lot of work lol...nope
not excited at all..... New baby should arrive within the next 2
weeks.... possibly even Nov 1st, but that's not set in stone yet.
Frantically working on the sunflower quilt so I have another top to
practice on. I have a couple finished wall hangings already and one or
two wall hangings that are in my head that I have the fabric for.
Really want to make the learning curve mistakes on my own work, and
start slow so I can manage it well and grow at a good rate rather than
overwhelming myself.... get a good idea how long it takes me, take a
couple of classes etc...

As for the cleaning.... DH orginally thought the basement.... more than
enough room, but I told him it was too dusty... he didn't believe me...
so last night and this morning we cleaned the basement... including
powerwashing concrete floors and walls (obviously unfinished) and he has
cried uncle. So now I think it will be the front room that we have no
furniture in anyway.... will just mean no big parties until we get the
basement finished and moved down there lol..... it was that or the
master bedroom..... I know DD wasn't giving up her play room :-)

Did you make it to the Pleasant Hill show??? How's your brother doing??

Jan

"Bonnie" wrote in
news