Does anyone have a pattern for a RAW puffed heart pendant?

Old August 22nd 09, 06:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Dorothy in NY

Default Does anyone have a pattern for a RAW puffed heart pendant?

Hello,
I have been looking for a FREE RAW Puffed heart pendant pattern to make some
gifts but I cannot find one anywhere. I know that some have
taken classes but they are $90.00 each. If you have a FREE "RAW" (right
angle weave) puffed pendant instructions. Please let me know.
Blessings,
Dorothy in NY
Old August 22nd 09, 06:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Peter W. Rowe[_2_]

On Fri, 21 Aug 2009 22:33:58 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry "Dorothy in NY"
wrote:

Hello,
I have been looking for a FREE RAW Puffed heart pendant pattern to make some
gifts but I cannot find one anywhere. I know that some have
taken classes but they are $90.00 each. If you have a FREE "RAW" (right
angle weave) puffed pendant instructions. Please let me know.
Blessings,
Dorothy in NY

Dorothy,

I'll confess to being a little confused as to what you're looking for. This
newsgroup has traditionally been focused on discussions of jewelry making as
practiced by professional jewelers and hobbyists using similar techniques as
goldsmiths, silversmiths, platinumsmiths, etc. In short, metal working.

Your question doesn't sound like it relates to that sort of jewelry making,
since, among other things, most jewelers working in precious metals (or other
metals too, for that matter) are not generally working from other people's
designs, much less instructions or patterns, so there's little if any trade in
such things, or availability.

So I must ask, what medium are you working with? If you make beaded jewelry,
then this is most likely not the best newsgroup to ask this question in.
Instead, ask it in rec.crafts.beads, a newsgroup devoted exclusively to
beadwork, where you'll find more people who may have instructions or patterms
for beaded items they might wish to share.

If the medium is something else, well, perhaps there are other groups for those
methods too. Certainly, metal strips and wire can, and have, been worked in
woven forms. Arline Fisch (shame on me. I think I'm misspelling her name...)
, for example, wrote a wonderful book on Textile techniques in metal almost 20
years ago, if I recall right, and others have also published works on the
subject since. A number of metals artists have done amazing work using
textile/fiber techniques in metal, with wire and metal strip instead of
traditional fiber materials. Mary Lee Hu, for example, does amazing
micro-detailed jewelry using basketry's "twining" techniques. And there are
others. But few of these people are giving out instructions for their designs
and methods that may have taken them decades to perfect...

At the risk of sounding condescending, rather than looking for instructions, why
not work out your own? It may take you a few tries and experimentation to get
just the effects you wish, but when done, then you can truly feel proud for
having made something creative of your own, rather than just copying someone
elses work. Many people, often beginners who may not be so sure of themselves
as designers, or think they don't know how to do that, find themselves
pleasantly surprised when they actually do spend some time working out their own
designs and creative ideas. If you're already familier enough with the
techniques of your manner of work, then do you really need someone elses
instructions, especially since you already seem to have a good idea of what you
wish the end result to look like?

Cheers

Peter Rowe
moderator
rec.crafts.jewelry
Old August 22nd 09, 07:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Shirley Shone

Here is a link to one but it is in French, should be easy to follow the
instructions though.

http://www.bijouxboucledor.com/Schem...ur-Forever.php

Shirley

In message , Peter W. Rowe