Flat Plane Carving Tutorials -YouTube

Old April 24th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
ICU

Default Flat Plane Carving Tutorials -YouTube

Hi Fellow Carvers;
Caricature carvers and anyone else that might be interested in carving
Flat Plane Carving Style, I want to draw your attention to a wonderful
carving instructional resource.
It is a series of what I think are terrific Flat Plane Carving
instructional videos produced by a gentleman named Gene Messer from Texas
which are available on YouTube for viewing on line or downloading.
Now I know that everyone doesn't have highspeed internet service, but if
you do these videos will only take a few minutes to download each part.
If you use the same browser as I do, Firefox, you can also use an add on
called Download Helper, which will allow you to start the download and
queue a number of videos to download one after another , it doesn't
require you to sit and watch each video part from start to finish to
download it.
I also use GOM Player a freeware program to view these videos on my hard
drive, the downloaded videos are saved in a .FLV format.
Most of Gene Messer's videos have a number of parts to them , so be sure
to get all the parts for each subject or title that you are interested
in.
I have listed the various topic/subject videos that Gene Messer has
produced so far. These titles may not match exactly the YouTube title.
If you go to: http://www.youtube.com/user/whittler0507
Or
http://www.youtube.com/profile_video...ittler0507&p=r

You will see a number of his videos that are available, about 81 so far.
I have no monetary/agreement connection to YouTube or Gene Messer, I have
talked to Gene on a few occasions via e-mail, never met him in person, to
me he comes across as a real gentleman who is just interested in helping
carvers and woodbee carvers to become proficient in Flat Plane Carving.
He is an excellent carver and his method of carving helps to simplify the
Flat Plane Carving Style.
Oh and did I mention the best part ...there is no charge for these videos
other than the time it takes to view them or download them.

Gene Messer Videos

Carving a figure out of block of wood - 10 part video.
Carving a Figure out of Wood-blank - 6 part video.
Carving a Hound dog - 5 part video.
Carving a Santa out of a block -5 part video
Carving an Axe out of wood - 3 part video
Carving and Painting The Miniature Figure - 11 part video.
Carving a Bear out of a block -11 part video.
Carving a Boot - 4 part video.
Carving a Cowboy and Painting - 17 part video.
Carving a Face in a Golf ball - 6 part video.
Whittling a Face- Note: he ran out of time on this one. 1 video.
How I sharpen my Carving Tools. 1 Video.
A sample of what I Like To Carve. 1 Video.
Answering the question about wood. 1 Video.

Old April 25th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Richard

Hi OK, I down loaded some of the videos using the GOM program. Now how
do I change the formate to a DVD that I can play to a TV?

ICU wrote:
[...]

-- Thank you

dummy Richard

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"
Old April 25th 08, 01:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Bill[_2_]

On Thu, 24 Apr 2008 16:10:59 -0700, Richard
wrote:

Hi OK, I down loaded some of the videos using the GOM program. Now how
do I change the formate to a DVD that I can play to a TV?

Try:

http://www.videohelp.com/

Everything you need to know to create videos:

Bill
Old April 25th 08, 06:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
ICU

Hi Richard, I've used Digital Video Converter and Video DVD Maker free,
both freeeware from ProtectedSoft,
http://www.protectedsoft.com/download.php

Hope this helps.

ICU

Richard wrote in
:

Old April 26th 08, 03:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.carving
Richard

I did this and it works!!!!!!!!!!!! now to get rid of all the other
things I downloaded.
Thanks

Youtube quilt show KJ Quilting 5 June 22nd 07 09:21 PM
Some more YouTube from me Bubbles_ Pottery 15 September 21st 06 04:40 PM
OT another Youtube video Suzie B Quilting 1 August 27th 06 06:33 PM
Use YouTube! Bubbles_ Pottery 2 August 23rd 06 10:36 AM
SEMI-OT - "Sharp Objects May Be Allowed on Plane" Sandy Foster Quilting 1 December 1st 05 01:17 AM