OT - Glass Pipes - if you're not offended, look at this art!

Old September 24th 04, 02:08 AM
Cheryl

Did you see Eugene Rain's sex toys? ! ! !:

Not EVEN going there!!!!!!

Cheryl
DRAGON BEADS
Flameworked beads and glass
http://www.dragonbeads.com/

Old September 24th 04, 03:44 AM
Karen_AZ

Did you see Eugene Rain's sex toys? ! ! !:

Not EVEN going there!!!!!!

They're AWESOME!

I'll admit it, here and now...I've been experimenting in this direction for
a while now. My "test drive" pieces (gifted to friends) have been a big hit,
but I have no clue how to do this seriously, other than listing on Ebay. And
yeah, I know there's a pretty active group of glass toy makers already. G

The funny thing is, the main reason I got into it was just to learn how to
handle larger diameter boro (carefully avoiding the term "rods" here). I've
made candlesticks, too...but somehow they all look vaguely phallic now. LOL

KarenK (who never met a rod she didn't like.....to melt)

Old September 24th 04, 07:30 AM
Kalera Stratton

You see some of the most phenomenal artwork in pipes... absolutely
unlike anything you see elsewhere. The sheer fantasy and imagination
that is encouraged among pipemakers results in some simply mindblowing
pieces! I have no interest in pipes as "functional" pieces (I am not
anti-marijuana at all, I simply don't enjoy it) but as display pieces I
yearn to own a nice one. If only it didn't have the potential to land me
in jail for owning "paraphrenalia"

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kandice Seeber wrote:
I was inspired by an earlier thread post to go look up pipes again. Who
cares what they're used for - look at these gorgeous works of art!!

http://www.glasspipes.org/

And some galleries inside the site I really loved:

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal60_Pans_Gallery.asp

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gal107_Eug...ns_Gallery.asp

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=6868

http://www.glasspipes.org/Gallery.asp?GalleryID=6858

Old September 24th 04, 07:32 AM
Kalera Stratton

No, no, by all means they should use our money to go after people who
make or sell or own glass pipes, because those pipes could be used to
smoke marijuana!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Tinkster wrote:
The text that appeared on the targeted sites was:

"By application of the United States Drug Enforcement Administration,
the website you are attempting to visit has been restrained by the
United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania
pursuant to Title 21, United States Code, Section 853(e)(1)(A)."

Wouldn't you think our government has better things to do than this???

Tink
Check here for available work:
http://blackswampglassworks.com/latest.htm

Old September 24th 04, 07:34 AM
Kalera Stratton

Ah, but she's not American and it probably looks pretty baffling from a
non-USA view. The "War on Drugs" is a bit dense if you don't have the
dubious benefit of being raised on it.

Why, indeed?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Cheryl wrote:
Why are they trying to shut it down?

well duh....
part of the "WAR on Drugs"

seems all Pres Bush and his buddies like to do is make "warrs."

Old September 24th 04, 07:36 AM
Kalera Stratton

Oh lord, I really really hope the boro companies can stay in business!
Northstar and Glass Alchemy are here in my hometown... I would be so sad
if they vanished, after all the incredible pioneering they've done in
boro color!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Karen_AZ wrote:
I love Pan's work. He makes cool marbles, too.

I think it's a shame about the pipemakers being driven out of business. And
silly question, but couldn't those pipes legitimately be used for tobacco as
well? (They'd probably need to make bigger bowls, I guess.)

It affects the colored boro industry, too. Northstar made a comment about
that in a newsletter earlier this year. Thank goodness bead makers have
caught on to the glories of boro. G

Thanks for the eye candy links. I'd love to learn some of those techniques.

KarenK

Old September 24th 04, 07:36 AM
Kalera Stratton

Yes. And their BABY... who is freaking adorable!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Dr. Sooz wrote:
Sheesh.
http://www.glasspipes.org/Images/Use...mlesss_029.jpg

Did you see Eugene Rain's sex toys? ! ! !
~~
Sooz
To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong. ~~Joseph Chilton
Pearce

Old September 24th 04, 07:39 AM
Kalera Stratton

LOL! This needs to be a bumper sticker or a T-shirt!

Some of us were brainstorming about boro slogans at the Gathering. The
one that I like best is "I Like it Hard".

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old September 24th 04, 07:42 AM
Tinkster

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 23:36:08 -0700, Kalera Stratton
wrote:

Oh lord, I really really hope the boro companies can stay in business!
Northstar and Glass Alchemy are here in my hometown... I would be so sad
if they vanished, after all the incredible pioneering they've done in
boro color!

Do you know Henry Grimmett?

glass color change calford Beads 8 April 4th 04 07:26 AM
[AD] NEW AT TRASH CITY - Hearts, Glass Pearls, Chandeliers, Multi Strand Bali Spacers Trashcitybeads Beads 0 February 12th 04 08:31 PM
For those who want to know.. Making Beach Glass With Your Tumbler! Harry Beads 7 December 22nd 03 09:19 PM
AD-December 6-7, 2003 Cleveland, OH Great Lakes States Intergalactic Bead Festival Phineas T Beadd Director National Bead Society Beads 5 December 5th 03 04:32 AM
Lampworkers meijhana Beads 46 September 27th 03 04:14 AM