AD: Finally back melting glass. EBay and JB auctions

Old April 12th 04, 04:17 AM
Susan B.

Default AD: Finally back melting glass. EBay and JB auctions

Whew - what a strange 6 weeks it's been!!! I went to Leah Fairbanks
class, came back awed and inspired, then didn't have time to do
anything for 6 weeks. After a year of looking for part-time work, the
floodgates finally opened and for awhile I had three part-time jobs
going. As I claim that each time you start a new job you temporarily
lose 10 -15 IQ points, I was really struggling :-). And dead bone
TIRED! And I was afraid my muse had packed up and left town. So I quit
the least well-paid and most tiring job and am back to having a life
and beads again. And my own studio to make them in - what an amazing
feeling! I'll be sharing it with a young friend who lives in an
apartment, and am quite excited about that too. I hadn't realized until
I started working in my own place how much I had been censoring myself
working in a studio where I was always on display. So I've taken a few
weeks to play and make really wild, and often quite disastrous beads.
And then yesterday I finally got my groove back. I have been asked to
teach beadmaking at Red Deer College this summer so I'm getting ready
for that - an amazing honor given that I took my first bead-making
class there two years ago. This summer Bandhu Scott and Beau Anderson
and some other really awesome lampworkers are teaching there - should
be an amazing experience.

Things are coming together. Oh, and about the PMC grapes - they didn't
work - back to the drawing board on that.

Andhoo - sort of a long-winded way to say hi all, and to tell you about
my new auctions - the links should appear below. Thanks as always for
having a look!

susan in canada

--
JustBead Auctions:
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=65191
Old April 12th 04, 04:28 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

Those yellows are SO cheerful!

Great work, as always.

B.

Old April 12th 04, 05:40 PM
Kalera Stratton

I was wondering what you wereup to! I'm glad things are going so well!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old April 12th 04, 06:58 PM
Georgia

so glad you're back--I love looking at your work!

Georgia
www.bead-designs.com

Old April 12th 04, 08:26 PM
Dr. Sooz

Welcome back, Ms. Burcott! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the
Fairbanks class knowledge. (So far, it looks GOOD!)
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 12th 04, 10:47 PM
Susan B.

In article , Dr. Sooz
wrote:

Welcome back, Ms. Burcott! Looking forward to seeing what you do with the
Fairbanks class knowledge. (So far, it looks GOOD!)
~~

Thanks Snoozi Q! It was strange - the class with Leah was so intense,
and her style is so defined, that I was overwhelmed for awhile and
somehow in my mind felt like I SHOULD be making florals, having taken
her class. And that just wasn't really happening. So I finally decided
to just apply the skills and see how they applied to my own bead-making
style. Quite well it seems, although in subtle ways, just a step up in
terms of control and lots of little technique things. Plus it was
really good to watch an excellent teacher at work. She really has it
down to an art, and is the nicest person too.

susan in canada

Old April 12th 04, 10:49 PM
Susan B.

In article , Barbara Forbes-Lyons
wrote:

Those yellows are SO cheerful!

Great work, as always.

Thanks Barbara! Have you been making any more beads lately?
And I have to rave about your DH's web hosting company - such excellent
service compared to what I had before!

susan in canada

Old April 12th 04, 11:46 PM
Dr. Sooz

It was strange - the class with Leah was so intense,
and her style is so defined, that I was overwhelmed for awhile and
somehow in my mind felt like I SHOULD be making florals, having taken
her class.

This made me think of breaking down the shapes she uses to make florals. You
know, a swoop here, a dot there.....what could they be made to create on an
applied-_____ bead? Plants, animals, weather, foods, vehicles, furniture, you
name it?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old April 12th 04, 11:47 PM
Dr. Sooz

Plus it was
really good to watch an excellent teacher at work. She really has it
down to an art, and is the nicest person too.

I love classes, I love classes, I love classes! There's just something about
them.

I was scared to death my first half dozen classes. I am so grateful I overcame
my continued fear and kept signing up for them. They have created such a
strong presence in my art and my life. I would be so much poorer without them.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links