"Heirloom Knitting" @ Amazon

Old April 30th 05, 01:38 AM
Wooly

Default "Heirloom Knitting" @ Amazon

Amazon claims to have Sharon Miller's "Heirloom Knitting" for $36 with
free shipping if you choose "slow boat via Australia and points south"
shipping option.

I just ordered, we'll see if it shows up or if they string me along
for three months before admitting they don't have it at that price.
Old April 30th 05, 12:26 PM
Wooly

Today's status email from Amazon shows scheduled shipping during the
first week of June. I'd better check to see if they've already billed
my card :P

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:38:07 GMT, Wooly spewed forth :

Old April 30th 05, 12:31 PM
Aud

Good luck, Wooly ;-)
Aud

"Wooly" skrev i melding

Old May 1st 05, 12:59 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Aud"
wrote:

Good luck, Wooly ;-)
Aud

To bad that you have had such bad luck with Amazon.com. I have ordered
here in Canada from Amazon.ca and have had great service. Even when I
order books as gift that go to other addresses. Great discounts as well.

Most of the time though, I will buy from our little local bookstore. It
is indeed a bit more money, but on the other hand, I get great service,
and lots of help and a friendly chat. Nice to have choices

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old May 1st 05, 11:17 AM
Anna MCM

Wooly wrote:
Amazon claims to have Sharon Miller's "Heirloom Knitting" for $36 with
free shipping if you choose "slow boat via Australia and points south"
shipping option.
=20
I just ordered, we'll see if it shows up or if they string me along
for three months before admitting they don't have it at that price.

All the books I ordered from Amazon.com arrived as scheduled or even=20
some days in advance. This with all of their shipping options.
Also books I ordered as gifts to other addresses in other countries=20
arrived as promised.
I don=B4t have any complaint to make on amazon.com (yes, I have one, they=
=20
don=B4t almost carry Italian books LOL).

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old May 1st 05, 01:51 PM
B Vaughan

On Sun, 01 May 2005 12:17:52 +0200, Anna MCM
wrote:

Wooly wrote:
Amazon claims to have Sharon Miller's "Heirloom Knitting" for $36 with
free shipping if you choose "slow boat via Australia and points south"
shipping option.

I just ordered, we'll see if it shows up or if they string me along
for three months before admitting they don't have it at that price.

All the books I ordered from Amazon.com arrived as scheduled or even
some days in advance. This with all of their shipping options.
Also books I ordered as gifts to other addresses in other countries
arrived as promised.

I have also had very good luck with Amazon, both the American site and
the British site. Sometimes books arrive in less than a week.
Unfortunately, the British site never has free shipping outside of
Italy.

If you want Italian books, I have also had very good luck with
Internet Book Shop, an Italian site. The URL is www.ibs.it
--
Barbara Vaughan

My email address is my first initial followed by my last name at libero dot it.
Old May 1st 05, 02:11 PM
Anna MCM

B Vaughan wrote:
=20
I have also had very good luck with Amazon, both the American site and
the British site. Sometimes books arrive in less than a week.
Unfortunately, the British site never has free shipping outside of
Italy.

I never buyed from the British site, since the American one is a bit=20
cheaper for my choice of books. I have a friend here who buys from the=20
Bristish one and she=B4s happy with that as well.

If you want Italian books, I have also had very good luck with
Internet Book Shop, an Italian site. The URL is www.ibs.it

Thanks! I=B4ll try it!

Hugs,

Anna Maria

Old May 1st 05, 03:56 PM
Dawn Alguard

Wooly wrote:
Amazon claims to have Sharon Miller's "Heirloom Knitting" for $36 with
free shipping if you choose "slow boat via Australia and points south"
shipping option.

I just ordered, we'll see if it shows up or if they string me along
for three months before admitting they don't have it at that price.

The only time I've ever had an order rescinded by Amazon it was an
Amazon Marketplace order (used book) and the vendor emailed me to say
they didn't have the book anymore. I've never had an issue with them
charging my card for something that wasn't actually shipped.

Dawn

Old May 1st 05, 05:59 PM
Wooly

Everybody seems to think I'm complaining, which I'm not. I *am*
skeptical for a couple of reasons.

1. The price. This book retails for $50-53 everywhere I've found it.
Ordering from UK doesn't produce any savings because shipping a book
this size is a bit pricy.

2. The website initially told me the book is in stock for immediate
shipment regardless of shipping method but the follow-up "status
report" states they can't ship until the first week of June.

1 combined with 2 makes me think they won't be able to sell me the $36
book and will instead attempt to upsell me in June to the full retail
price. Or, perhaps they're hoping that by delaying shipment I'll
spring for overpriced "urgent" shipping on my dime.

On Sat, 30 Apr 2005 00:38:07 GMT, Wooly spewed forth
:

Old May 2nd 05, 08:09 AM
B Vaughan

On Sun, 01 May 2005 14:51:03 +0200, B wrote:

I have also had very good luck with Amazon, both the American site and
the British site. Sometimes books arrive in less than a week.
Unfortunately, the British site never has free shipping outside of
Italy.

I meant outside of the UK, of course!