How does it make you feel?

Old January 4th 04, 08:21 PM
Diana Curtis

Default How does it make you feel?

How does it make you feel, as a person, an artist, or pusher of Paua shells,
to see your contribution to the bead word used in a lovely finished piece?
Diana

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker

Old January 4th 04, 09:08 PM
roxan

I am not sure what you really mean by this. It sounds like a redundant
statement to me. You wouldn't do something you hate to do, if it didn't
please you to see your things as finished pieces you wouldn't do them. As
far a pusher of Paua shells, Harry is doing the same as other here by
selling his things. I don't think you meant to offend him, so I hope he
doesn't take your statement as offensive.
Roxan

Old January 4th 04, 09:16 PM
Harry

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:21:34 -0600, "Diana Curtis" wrote:

How does it make you feel, as a person, an artist, or pusher of Paua shells,
to see your contribution to the bead word used in a lovely finished piece?
Diana

It was wonderful to see a simple creation of God
turned into something so beautiful. I do wish I had the talent to create such
objects of beauty, but my talent is limited to being able to see what I would
love to create and lusting for the ability to do so. I have many visions of what
I would like to see made from these marvelous pieces and am in hopes of
others to use their talents to bring them to life.
How does it make me feel as a person? It feels good!
How does it make me feel as an artist? Do not consider myself an artist.
How does it make me feel as a pusher of Paua Shells? Seeing something so
lovely makes me happy that I did.

Harry

Harry's Happy Place
http://harryb41.homestead.com/HarrysHappyPlace.html
My Ebay Auctions
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...sort=3&rows=50
Old January 4th 04, 09:25 PM
Harry

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 15:08:33 -0500, "roxan" wrote:

I am not sure what you really mean by this. It sounds like a redundant
statement to me. You wouldn't do something you hate to do, if it didn't
please you to see your things as finished pieces you wouldn't do them. As
far a pusher of Paua shells, Harry is doing the same as other here by
selling his things. I don't think you meant to offend him, so I hope he
doesn't take your statement as offensive.
Roxan

Thank you. I have been pondering on what the meaning or underlying meaning
of the message may or may not have meant. After some thought I took it to be
an interest as to weather I was pleased with the item made. I do love Paua shell and
do not look to make a huge profit from the sell as can be easily seen by my prices.
My primary goal was to introduce something beautiful to those who have not seen it.
I hope I have not offened anyone with my post or sells? If I have I am sorry and
will refrain from doing so in the future. I just wanted to offer a product that is unique
and perhaps bring some joy to others.

Harry

Old January 4th 04, 09:51 PM
Christina Peterson

You know, Harry,

You have as much right to be hare as anyone else. You don't need anyone's
OK any more than I do. Didn't Louis allude to that in a recent post. That
men, and not just women, can get convinced that it their job to please and
serve others? I'm glad you're here. But you don't need anyones approval to
come and enjoy this group (even if occassionallya thicker skin is useful).

Tina

Old January 4th 04, 10:44 PM
Jalynne

OH, no, i think you took her wrong. Diana wouldn't ever say anything meant to
offend. She just wanted to praise your product, and is delighting in how beautiful
it came out in a finished product. Diana's one of my best friends in the whole
world, so I feel pretty confident in saying that she meant no offense.
--
Jalynne

Old January 4th 04, 10:48 PM
Dr. Sooz

I am not sure what you really mean by this. It sounds like a redundant
statement to me. You wouldn't do something you hate to do, if it didn't
please you to see your things as finished pieces you wouldn't do them. As
far a pusher of Paua shells, Harry is doing the same as other here by
selling his things. I don't think you meant to offend him, so I hope he
doesn't take your statement as offensive.
Roxan

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa.

Why is it that so many people on this NG flare up at the least little thing?
Even the *nothing* little thing? Jeez!

Diana is interested, I would assume (from knowing her well), in getting an
interesting conversation going by asking an interesting question. No more, no
less. Am I correct, Diana?
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 4th 04, 10:48 PM
Dr. Sooz

Thank you. I have been pondering on what the meaning or underlying meaning
of the message may or may not have meant.

There was no underlying message.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
Old January 4th 04, 10:49 PM
Dr. Sooz

(even if occassionallya thicker skin is useful).

Or the ability to not take everything as an insult, especially when it's not
meant that way.
~~
Sooz
-------
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links

Gonna go make beads Carol in SLC Beads 7 September 1st 03 07:04 PM
Novice question - seeds vs beads (and how to make a seed last) WalkerDlwalke Beads 0 August 10th 03 11:40 PM
more eyepins, can i make them into head pins?? Barbara Forbes-Lyons Beads 8 July 13th 03 06:39 PM
OT, sorta: No chance to make beads grrrr! Kalera Stratton Beads 12 July 9th 03 06:44 AM