Kinda going away... (long)

Old April 14th 04, 04:28 PM
Musicmaker

vibes coming your way as I write this! And don't worry about not keeping up
with the group - We'll be here when you can check in.

--
Cindy Bettinger;

http://photos.yahoo.com/cbet_99
http://www.one-eleven.net/~music/
http://simplymusic.net
"Cina" wrote in message
...but I'm still trying to keep up with this group, even though I know
it's hopeless.

Today is the day we're supposed to sign the P&S agreement for our
house. After weeks of back and forth with the folks who are gonna buy
it, and lots of waiting for the lawyers to get back to us* it's finally
getting somewhere.

(*Selling a Home Lesson #1: Never go with the lawyer who is a friend of
your stepsister's father-in-law and won't charge you. Spend the money-
sell your firstborn, if you must- and pay for a lawyer. Because if
you're not a paying customer, you don't get your phone calls returned
right away, nor your papers read that day. We coulda had this signed
weeks ago if the lawyers weren't slow as slugs.)

I've been a basket case lately. All the negotiations involved with
selling the house has me frazzled, but that's not all. DH is selling
two vehicles, and has been dragging me from dealership to dealership
looking at new trucks. As of last evening, his plan was to order one
from the factory, to be delivered a few days after the closing of the
house sale. But who knows what today will bring? Maybe he'll want to
dicker a while for the overloaded one on the lot, and run some numbers
with the poor salesguy. Plus, our current everyday car has been in the
shop for the past month with engine troubles. The dealership is nice
enough to provide a loaner car, but I miss my car.

We're going to visit Alaska in about 3 weeks, and are making
arrangements for a house-hunting spree. There's about a half dozen
houses now that have potential, and I'm hoping for a boom on new
listings in the next couple weeks. If we don't find anything to put an
offer on, we have to start looking at rental housing, so we've got
somewhere to go with the kids and dogs. Though, finding a rental that
will take four dogs is going to be just as challenging as finding the
perfect house.

The MIT Flea market is this weekend, and DH has already reserved our
space there. With my help, he's going to unload the mountains of old
computer equipment that took over several rooms of this house. And the
money from this is going to fund our "goodbye to family" trip next
week... the kids are off school, so we're visiting our far-flung
relatives for the last time before the move.

Packing has been going a bit slowly, but I'm gaining momentum! I'm
limited at this point because I keep running out of boxes... DH was
supposed to order a bunch last week (Him: "50 is enough, right?" Me:
"It's a start.") but they haven't arrived yet.

There's a bunch more stuff to do, but I think I'm mostly on top of it.
Sadly, my sewing machines have been neglected lately, but I'm using the
next three days to catch up.

I hope everyone is doing well and quilting happily. I'm still around a
bit, but going back to mostly-lurk mode until after the move. Closing
is supposed to be June 1, with us vacating around the 7th. I'll take
all the good vibes for paper signing and an uncomplicated closing that
I can get. And maybe house-hunting vibes, as well!

Cina

Old April 14th 04, 06:52 PM
Sandy Foster

In article ,
Cina wrote:

snip
I hope everyone is doing well and quilting happily. I'm still around a
bit, but going back to mostly-lurk mode until after the move. Closing
is supposed to be June 1, with us vacating around the 7th. I'll take
all the good vibes for paper signing and an uncomplicated closing that
I can get. And maybe house-hunting vibes, as well!

Cina, I hope everything goes *very* smoothly from now on until you're
safely and happily moved into your new house -- the one you bought
because it was perfect for you!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1
Old April 14th 04, 09:48 PM
Kate Dicey

Cina wrote:

[...]

Got everything crossed for you! Selling and buying houses is the pits -
which is why we've never moved from here in 20 years!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk