Hooking them, then reeling them in

Old November 17th 04, 02:15 AM
Diana Curtis

Default Hooking them, then reeling them in

The other night I walked to the little quicky mart, and was mentioning to
the young lady behind the desk that I was having so much fun with beads
lately. She interuppted me to exclaim "Oh, I love beads!!!". I gave her my
email addy tonight and by tomorrow she will be one of us... hooked on good
beads, but now with the power to find them online.
I plan to link her to Sooz's link list, the bead notes and perhaps can
even help her find her way here to rcb. Is there anything else I can do to
make sure the hook is firmly planted? ;-)
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too

Old November 17th 04, 02:50 AM
Diana Curtis

You are devious. I will do this. Heh, heh, heh..
I tried right angle weave for the first time last night and youre right, it
does look like magic. Do you do double needle or single? And what size beads
do you like?
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:15:07 -0500, Diana Curtis wrote
(in message ):

I plan to link her to Sooz's link list, the bead notes and perhaps can
even help her find her way here to rcb. Is there anything else I can do

make sure the hook is firmly planted? ;-)

A beadwoven bracelet. The kind I give away are darned quick - just a
single row of right angle weave made of fire polished glass with a
clasp. Right angle weave is so pretty on its own, and most people
think it's some kind of magic.

When I tell them it took me ten minutes at most, and that includes
the swearing festival while I find the scissors that everyone steals,
invariably, they're hooked. I then give them a baggie with
instructions, a needle, the right number of fire polished beads, a
clasp and instructions. (Cost is well under a dollar)

Gets them every time.

Kathy N-V

Old November 17th 04, 02:52 AM
Maeven

Kathy N-V wrote:

[...]

Kathy,

Do you have a picture of this bracelet? It sounds very pretty and I was
wanting to try one for myself.

Thanks!

Wendy

remove the ferret to email me.
Old November 17th 04, 03:45 AM
Kandice Seeber

ROFL Pusher!! And I mean that in a good way.

--
Kandice Seeber
Air & Earth Designs

Old November 17th 04, 08:50 AM
Su/Cutworks

Katny N-V wrote:

When I tell them it took me ten minutes at most, and that includes
the swearing festival while I find the scissors that everyone steals,
invariably, they're hooked. I then give them a baggie with
instructions, a needle, the right number of fire polished beads, a
clasp and instructions. (Cost is well under a dollar)

Gets them every time.

You little enablers, you!!!

*packing bag of bead bait in handbag*

-Su

Old November 17th 04, 11:24 AM
Beadbimbo

Lol. I love the mental image. Talk about a Bead Pusher!

--
Jerri
www.beadbimbo.com

I use single needle, but double needle might be easier for a full
fledged newbie. For fire polished bracelets, either 4 mm or 6 mm
beads - the cathedral beads with the gilded ends look especially
nice. The cool thing about this is that you could easily fit the
whole kit in an Altoids tin and hand it to your friend.

Old November 17th 04, 12:11 PM
Diana Curtis

The kit in a tin idea is so cool. Id have to cover the tin in polyclay, of
course. ;-)
Thanks again. Double needle does feel easy to me, and if the ends of the
thread are stiffened in something then needles arent totally needed. That
makes it even easier for the full fledged newbie.
Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kathy N-V" wrote in message
. giganews.com...
I use single needle, but double needle might be easier for a full
fledged newbie. For fire polished bracelets, either 4 mm or 6 mm
beads - the cathedral beads with the gilded ends look especially
nice. The cool thing about this is that you could easily fit the
whole kit in an Altoids tin and hand it to your friend.

If you want to use seed beads, I'd uses 6/0's or 8/0's, at the very
smallest. A single row of tiny beads just wouldn't have the impact
you're looking for.

Kathy N-V

Old November 18th 04, 02:02 AM
Dr. Sooz

I use single needle, but double needle might be easier for a full
fledged newbie.

OMG no! Single needle. Double needle will make you feel like you're on acid.
~~
Sooz
The things that will destroy us a politics without principle; pleasure
without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business
without morality; science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice. - M.
Ghandi

Old November 18th 04, 03:45 AM
Kalera Stratton

I LOVE the fact that "Quicky Mart" has entered the popular lexicon! Go
Simpsons!

Diana, I keep forgetting to ask for your snail addy. Can you email it to me?

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Old November 18th 04, 03:48 AM
Kalera Stratton

OK, I didn't want to... wasn't going to... no no no no... but I have to
try RAW.

DANG!

Now look what you've done!

-Kalera
http://www.beadwife.com
http://www.snipurl.com/kebay

Kathy N-V wrote:
On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:52:42 -0500, Maeven wrote
(in message ):

Kathy,

Do you have a picture of this bracelet? It sounds very pretty and I was
wanting to try one for myself.

Thanks!

Wendy

remove the ferret to email me.

I have a bunch of them in my photoalbum from last winter:

http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid3307873

They're the last photo on the page. Only one is single row that I
can see, but none of them were even remotely difficult.

Kathy N-V