Birds and bees!!!

Old April 8th 05, 09:18 PM
Estelle Gallagher

Default Birds and bees!!!

Hello all you lovely quilty friends out there.( Bet that made you look and
its not OT)
I am looking for ideas for my collection of bee fabrics, and yes a few
have birds on as well! bg
I have at least 12 FQ'rs and some yards as well in a selection of
colours.I will want to keep as much of the bees showing, so not too many
small "parts" and of course as they are quite busy (excuse pun) they will
need to be surrounded by a solid colour I would think. Has anyone a
suggestion for quilt or blocks for me to get my head around?I feel like
saying TIA honey!!lol

--
Estelle UK
http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/gal.../ph//my_photos

Old April 8th 05, 11:53 PM
Diana Curtis

In a magazine someone gave me there was a lovely quilt done in Snowball
blocks, sort of, they had a border around them done ala log cabins,
going around the 8 sides of the snowball. I can picture the bees as the
snowballs and the borders all done in flowers.
The great thing about this was that the snowballs interlocked thanks to
sharing a border with another snowball. Clear as mud eh? I can probably
scan the picture to show you (unless, gasp, have I thrown it out???) or
maybe sketch it if it sounds like what you want.
Diana

Old April 9th 05, 12:20 AM
Musicmaker

somewhere I found and used a paper piecing pattern for bees - it looks
great. If you want, I'll at least copy the pattern for you, if I can't
find the link.

Old April 11th 05, 01:50 PM
me

Diana Curtis wrote:
In a magazine someone gave me there was a lovely quilt done in Snowball
blocks, sort of, they had a border around them done ala log cabins,
going around the 8 sides of the snowball. I can picture the bees as the
snowballs and the borders all done in flowers.

Funny you should mention this. I just did my daughter's graduation
quilt in a snowchurn similar to this one:
http://www.quilterscache.com/images1...ssnowchurn.gif

I did it with the same blue and yellow theme shown in the picture (the
colors in my daughter's bedroom.....don't ask) only my fabrics had bees
and ladybugs. I put pictures of daughter and her dog in the middle of
some of the churndash blocks. I sashed the blocks and used a floral for
the cornerstones.