Swaps

Old September 18th 06, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

Default Bugs and creepy things Swaps

If you have DGSs into that sort of thing I have the most
wonderful design for a red back spider (Black Widow) from a
Jillian Sawyer stained glass book. I have always dreamed of
sewing it about five feet high with a dark background and
the black spider with a red satin patch on the back, and
silver quilting. But my friends all say that NO-ONE could
possibly sleep under such a quilt.

One day . . . . . . . . (evil chuckles)

Let me know if you are game to try it. LOL
--
Cheryl & the Cats
0 0 o o 0 0

"maryd" mardor@*net wrote in message
: Me too...... and with 5 grandsons, I'm sure I could find a
home for it.
:
: --
: Mary
: http://community.webshots.com/user/mardor1948
: "Jean" wrote in message
: ...
:: I'd love to participate in a bug jar fabric swap. I have
had one on my "to
:: do" list. I think it would be fun.
::
:: Jean in MI
::
:: "Kate G." wrote in message
:: . ..
:: I hosted a swap for "candy jar" fabrics not too long
ago. I want to make
:: (it's still not done... but on the TO DO list... The
problem is ... you
:: need a wide variety of specialized fabrics (candy type)
but only SMALL
:: pieces of each one. Even less than a fat quarter! So
by doing a swap --
: I
:: got 15 - 20 people who each found ONE candy fabric...
cut it up in to
:: squares (I think they were 8 inches by 10 inches) and
they all mailed
: them
:: to me. Then I dealt them out like cards... and we still
all paid only
: for
:: " 1 yard" -- but that one year was comprised of 15 - 20
different
: fabrics!
::
:: That is a "centralized" swap -- where everybody sends
their stuff to one
:: person who shuffles it up and returns it to the
participants. Each
: person
:: sends a preaddressed - -prepostaged return envelope.
That way the
: hostess
:: isn't out any additional cost -- only her time. I
frequently --
: generous
:: swappers include a nice little thank you gift for
taking the time and
:: trouble to coordinate the swap.
::
:: Does that make sense? I've never done a swap that
wasn't "centralized".
:: And I'm actually thinking of doing another one soon...
this one for "BUG
:: JAR" fabrics.!!! I will if there is at least a dozen
people who would
:: want to participate. Another one I want to do is "bird
seed" fabrics --
:: anything that looks like it could be bird seed -- that
one may be harder
:: to come up with fabrics... I need to do a little
homework to see how
: many
:: different fabrics like that there are out there.
::
:: Anyhow -- that's what a swap is like!
::
:: Kate in MI
:
:

Old September 18th 06, 04:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
maryd

Bugs are one thing but spiders another. g At least 2 are afraid of
spiders.

--
Mary
"Cats" wrote in message
: If you have DGSs into that sort of thing I have the most
: wonderful design for a red back spider (Black Widow) from a
: Jillian Sawyer stained glass book. I have always dreamed of
: sewing it about five feet high with a dark background and
: the black spider with a red satin patch on the back, and
: silver quilting. But my friends all say that NO-ONE could
: possibly sleep under such a quilt.
:
: One day . . . . . . . . (evil chuckles)
:
: Let me know if you are game to try it. LOL
: --
: Cheryl & the Cats
: 0 0 o o 0 0
: ( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
: U ~ U
: Enness Boofhead Donut
: (Boofhead slowly recovering from his 3 day
: absence and seemingly minor injuries)
: http://community.webshots.com/user/witchofthewest
: catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

Old September 18th 06, 07:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Vikki In WA State

I made dgs pajamas out of fleece that had spiders and bats on it and he
loved them.

--
Vikki in WA State

Old September 18th 06, 09:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate Dicey

Cats wrote:

If you have DGSs into that sort of thing I have the most
wonderful design for a red back spider (Black Widow) from a
Jillian Sawyer stained glass book. I have always dreamed of
sewing it about five feet high with a dark background and
the black spider with a red satin patch on the back, and
silver quilting. But my friends all say that NO-ONE could
possibly sleep under such a quilt.

One day . . . . . . . . (evil chuckles)

Let me know if you are game to try it. LOL

That sounds wonderful! You really should do it.

http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old September 18th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Cats

It's about #17 on the list . . . . . and given my rapidly
slowing output rate . . . . . . . . . . . . . maybe one day.

--
Cheryl & the Cats
0 0 o o 0 0
( Y ) ( Y ) ( Y )
U ~ U
Enness Boofhead Donut
(Boofhead slowly recovering from his 3 day
absence and seemingly minor injuries)
catsatararatATyahooDOTcomDOTau

"Kate Dicey" wrote in
message
: Cats wrote:
:
: If you have DGSs into that sort of thing I have the most
: wonderful design for a red back spider (Black Widow)
from a
: Jillian Sawyer stained glass book. I have always
dreamed of
: sewing it about five feet high with a dark background
and
: the black spider with a red satin patch on the back, and
: silver quilting. But my friends all say that NO-ONE
could
: possibly sleep under such a quilt.
:
: One day . . . . . . . . (evil chuckles)
:
: Let me know if you are game to try it. LOL
:
: That sounds wonderful! You really should do it.
:
: --
: Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
: Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons

Old September 18th 06, 02:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Boca Jan

Default Swaps

OOOO Bug swap. That sounds great! my 7 year old grandson would love a quilt
made from bugs.

--
Boca Jan
Florida - Land of the Hurricanes

"Kate G." wrote in message
. ..
[...]

"biz_e_momma" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello, all!

I've been lurking for a while and have really enjoyed all that I've
learned from you guys.

My questions are about swaps. I've never participated in one and don't
know how they work or how to find one. What are some of the swaps you
guys participate in? How does the block of the month swap work and how
do I sign up?

Thanks!

Erika in Texas

Old September 18th 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dannielle

Boca Jan wrote:
OOOO Bug swap. That sounds great! my 7 year old grandson would love a quilt
made from bugs.

I've never tried to make a quilt from bugs before, and would be
interested to see how you get them under the presser foot. Do you have
to have an extremely small needle and very fine thread for those tiny
bugs?

So many intriquing questions are popping into my mind!

Dannielle (if you are going to throw something at me, make it fabric
please!)

Old September 18th 06, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Jessamy

no one just uses a standard needle and normal thread - bugs are a tad tough
so one needs a strong enough needle to do the job. a stabiliser to sew them
to helps too - something like Avalon

--
Jessamy
In The Netherlands

Old September 18th 06, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debra

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 13:54:27 -0400, "Kate G."
wrote:

Does that make sense? I've never done a swap that wasn't "centralized". And I'm actually thinking
of doing another one soon... this one for "BUG JAR" fabrics.!!! I will if there is at least a dozen
people who would want to participate. Another one I want to do is "bird seed" fabrics -- anything
that looks like it could be bird seed -- that one may be harder to come up with fabrics... I need to
do a little homework to see how many different fabrics like that there are out there.

Anyhow -- that's what a swap is like!

Kate in MI

I want "in" on both of those Jar swaps Kate! I already know where to
get some corn fabric for the birdseed swap and some lovely
butterflies. I might go ahead a get a yard of each, just in case I
need it later. I'll have to keep an eye out for other jar
possibilities too.
Debra in VA
See my quilts at
Old September 18th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Don/Gen

where did you find the pattern. It sounds great--I just might like to try
it one of these days.
Gen

Swaps... maryd Quilting 13 January 21st 06 06:26 PM
Virtual Swaps - Final Call Cheryl Quilting 27 September 11th 05 11:27 AM
Quilting Software Census for Virtual Swaps and Round Robins Cheryl Quilting 4 August 31st 05 10:42 PM
One-to-One Swaps On Hold/Winter Swap MelissaInNJ Quilting 8 April 30th 04 09:16 PM
swaps Stale4 Quilting 1 November 26th 03 08:58 PM