Why Stashes?

Old August 7th 06, 08:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jenn

Default Why Stashes?

Was at the Delta (Sacramento RIver Delta) this past weekend and started
a new knit throw blanket.

Guy walks up with a dog, and I LOVE dogs, so we start chatting. He
asked what I was doing and I said knitting. He said his wife is
addicted to the hand held electronic card games. Perhaps he should
send her up the dock for lessons, since at least there is a product at
the end, instead of another trip to the store for batteries. :-)

Jenn in CA.

Georgia wrote:
$20 skein of yarn lasts longer than a bottle of wine or an evening at the
theater...both in the working and in the wearing...

Georgia

wrote in message
m...
The Great Yarn Fairy sent me a nice bit of yarn.

Why is that ball of yarn precious to me beyond its financial value?

I really do not know why I would put so much more effort into planning a
knitting project that uses $20 worth of yarn, than I put into planning a
evening at the theater that will cost me $20. But, I do! I treat a $20
bottle of wine more casually than I treat a $20 skein of yarn. And I

really
do not know why.

I am not sure that learning to spin will cure my irrational protectiveness
of yarn. I am not even sure that having my own sheep with fleeces piling

up
in the shearing shed would cure my irrational protectiveness of the yarn

in
my stash.

Aaron

Death & Stashes Atom1 Sewing 20 September 3rd 04 06:17 PM
Death and Stashes Sharon & Jack Sewing 6 August 30th 04 01:43 PM
People Cleaning Out Stashes Piglet Quilting 3 March 22nd 04 06:00 PM
4-H Fabric Sale selling fabric donated from people's stashes tweety75 Sewing 2 July 29th 03 12:00 AM