One-to-One Swaps On Hold/Winter Swap

Old April 28th 04, 05:28 PM
MelissaInNJ

Default One-to-One Swaps On Hold/Winter Swap

All,

Just making the announcement that my seasonal/quarterly one-to-one
swaps are on hold. I am having some bad experiences with things that I
am hosting and I am feeling a little turned off/burned out right now.
Since I know so many of you enjoy them and look forward to them, I
don't want to say I am never going to do the swaps again. I am hoping
that giving myself some "away time" will refresh me and make me feel
excited by running them again. I can say for certain the spring one
and summer one are off. Hopefully the fall one will go on as planned.
I will regauge how I feel about them then.

I will continue running the Mini RR until it's completion of course,
the Velvet/Velveteen Swap until it's completion, and tying up the lose
ends with the Winter Swap (yes there are STILL loose ends). Speaking
of the winter swap, did anyone *not* receive their package? I ask
because if you didn't then I have to mail fabric to you in place of
your person? There's always someone I have to mail to because someone
else flaked out!

Thanks for reading, for understanding, and sorry I am letting you
down.
Melissa in NJ
Old April 28th 04, 05:50 PM
Mary in Oregon

Sorry to hear you are stressed because of the swaps. The FQ swap was my
first and I was more than pleased with what I received.

--
Mary
om...

Old April 28th 04, 07:11 PM
Louise

Melissa,

I kind of gathered from some of your previous messages that things weren't
going as well as in the past. I'm sorry to hear that, because you have
organized these so well and, while I've only taken part in a couple, I've
truly enjoyed them.

--
Louise in Iowa
nieland4 at mchsi dot com

Old April 28th 04, 07:56 PM

{{{Melissa}}} I really enjoyed the two FQ swaps I participated in and the
Mini RR is a lot more fun than I had thought it could be. The pure sheer
challenge of working within someone else's color world and patterns is so
stretching and liberating! But I also can appreciate all the work you put
into these events and understand that you need to back off a bit. Do not
lose my addy though 'cause I definitely want in on *whatever* you plan
next, *whenever* you next plan it :-D

--
Anne in CA
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl

MelissaInNJ wrote:

[...]

remove NOSPAM to reply
Old April 28th 04, 10:26 PM
Paulette

Melissa, I have always enjoyed your swaps. If there is anything I can do to
help, please let me know.
Paulette

Old April 28th 04, 10:53 PM
Shona in NZ

Hey Melissa,

Don't sweat the small stuff. You do a great job with these swaps and if you
need a break, you take it.

Now as for you sending fabric to me because the person who was *supposed* to
has flaked out. Don't worry! It is not fair that you should have to do
that and I entered into the swap knowing full well that things like this
happen. It is my risk, not your responsibility. Use those fq to make
yourself a nice quilt :-)

Shona please to be part of your swaps no matter what in NZ

Old April 29th 04, 12:51 PM
Michelle in Gander

Just thought i'd let you know that I've enjoyed your swaps since joining
this group and that the summer is gonna be really long without another one!
But I understand...it's a lot of work on your part.
Really enjoying the round robin so far. Thanks for organizing that too. It's
too bad about what's happening.
Maybe a break is what you need and then you will come back all refreshed and
energized! Take all the time you need.
Take care,
Michelle in Gander

Old April 29th 04, 04:06 PM
TinaHoak

Melissa,
I can appreciate how you feel having done the same type of thing but for
embroidery designs on a list I used to own.

It is alot of work. Thanks you for all the time you have put into it.
And not for nothing .......it is not YOU that let anyone down, it is the
people that do not honor their end of the swaps.

Tina Brockport NY

Old April 30th 04, 09:16 PM
Pati Cook

I've also offered to help out where needed. (Long ago reached SABLE and
still find fabric I *have* to get. g

Pati, in Phx.

Emilia wrote:

Melissa,
I know you always make good on your swaps if someone flakes out but why
don't we just call a "squish those who didn't get their swap"...
I have some extra stash I'm not using (no time ) and would be happy
to send it on to some deserving soul and if I know our group one or two
others would play too... what do you think?

emilia

(MelissaInNJ) wrote in
[...]

I Spy Swap David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 2 March 18th 04 01:13 PM
*The* 2004 Winter One-to-One Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG) MelissaInNJ Quilting 7 February 24th 04 07:07 PM
Velvet Swap MelissaInNJ Quilting 0 February 4th 04 03:01 PM
Pirates o' the South Pacific Swap frood Quilting 27 January 25th 04 12:04 AM
*The* Fall One-to-One Plaid Fat Quarter Swap (Very LONG) Melissa in NJ Quilting 5 October 14th 03 04:19 PM