thankyou for B/day wishes

Old November 3rd 03, 07:37 PM
Cher

Default thankyou for B/day wishes

Hi Everyone,

Just popping in quickly, thankyou EVERYONE for the birthday wishes. I've
had a good day. DH took me to Salisbury - via the Stones -
Katherine(Burgess) and Noreen...the leaves along the sides of the roads were
all colours of oranges and reds, the sun was shining and it was beautiful.

I was told to buy anything I wanted....can you imagine it? However, to be
honest there isn't anything I want. I have everything and money can't buy
half of it...

I've had some lovely gifts too, a ring with the Cut out of MUM on it in
gold, from DS/1 a mug with happy birthday mum on it from Edward. Some
perfumes from another daughter ... the grandchildren all have been over this
evening bearing gifts. So I'm full of parcels...lol.
DH has just gone out to buy me a meal, Edward is in the respite centre for
the night whilst I have a night out....but I'm happy to stay in.....funny
ole bird ain't I? Oh another daughter gave me a gift voucher for a local
yarn shop....don't know what to get yet, but I shall use it.

Anyway I'll be back tomorrow after my weaving workshop...By the way I've got
that stole I was doing Off of the loom...now to tackle the ends...should be
fun! I'll sit with this after our meal, which I think will be a chinese..or
an indian.

Postal strikes here in the UK are back, but the backlog they say could take
several weeks to clear......great!

Thankyou all again, your messages are the best....love.....Cher

---

Old November 4th 03, 12:38 AM
Katherine Burgess

Cher,
It sounds as though you had a perfect birthday! I am so glad, as you deserve
it.
Hugs,
Katherine

Old November 4th 03, 10:25 PM
Cher

Thanks Katherine, but it hasn't ended there. On Edward's next respite care
scheme, I'm going to London and being taken to a show...Ballet if there is
one available. I haven't been to a Ballet since I was a little girl, this
will be a real treat.

Maybe you remember me saying some while back that when I was a child, my
mother had a stroke and was left paralised, in those days you were
bedridden, well I was put into care. My child welfare/social worker of the
day was a lovely lady. Of course as I grew up, she left the area and went
to London to live. It took me some years, but eventually I tracked her
down, and we became good friends, so I'm going to her house in London, and
am being treated....who's a lucky girl then?? I can't wait. This will be
11th 12th and come back 13th November. I shall leave as soon as Edward goes
to school on the 11th at 8:15am. Of course I shall go by train, not drive,
because it is useless trying to park, so I shall knit on the way up.. ...
.... and of course on the way back home again...what a wonderful time I
shall have. I may even go by coach yet, depends on what is available from
where if you see what I mean?

Cheers......Cher

Old November 4th 03, 10:50 PM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

sounds just what the Dr ordered.....have a great time and sitting in a
train is so nice. Here in Canada we do not have a lot of oppertunities to
do so. In Holland you go every where by train, often and fast. I have
done this in Canada, cross country three to four days. Train never goes
faster than 40 miles per hour and the carriages wobble side to side. It
was a great trip lots to see, but we sure could do a lot more to improve
rail travel and safe money as well.

Cher have a great time out, enjoy London and your friend, do lots of
knitting on the way up and down

Hug
Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

Old November 5th 03, 04:36 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Cher,

What a lovely birthday you have had and are going to have to finish it off.

Hugs,

Nora
Old November 6th 03, 08:57 AM
Cher

Thanks Nora, to be honest I haven't been to London since the 60's and I
bet tons have changed...I've been to work there, but not to sightsee if you
see what I mean..

Cheers....Cher

Old November 10th 03, 07:20 AM
Jaime

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 08:57:55 -0000, "Cher"
wrote:

Thanks Nora, to be honest I haven't been to London since the 60's and I
bet tons have changed...I've been to work there, but not to sightsee if you
see what I mean..

Cheers....Cher

I think I missed this post. Anyway Happy Birthday Cher if I did.

I'm catching up. LOL

Noreen...THANKYOU Cher Yarn 1 October 28th 03 03:55 AM
Thankyou Nora.from Cher Cher Yarn 5 October 25th 03 04:32 PM
Thankyou for the Anniversary Wishes Brian D Yarn 0 October 17th 03 06:36 PM
OT Three Wishes Royce Quilting 2 July 20th 03 11:45 AM
Three wishes Royce Quilting 0 July 19th 03 10:23 PM