OT another QI goes to Rainbow Bridge

Old January 7th 04, 03:25 AM
Marijke

Default OT another QI goes to Rainbow Bridge

A beautiful golden retriever came to live with us 7 years ago. He was 2 yrs
old at the time when his family decided they didn't want him any more.

We had 7 wonderful years with him. He never did anything to make us upset -
annoyed from time to time, but never upset. He was such a good dog. So well
trained, so incredibly gentle, so loving.

We all joked about who he "belonged" to, but we all belonged to him. Even my
husband who didn't really want him at first. He had not ever had a pet and
didn't realise the depth of the love one can feel for an animal.

He knows now, as he is hurting just as much as I am, and our three children.

When I was quilting a large quilt, part would hang on the floor, off the
hoop. Inevitably, I'd find Rox lying on the floor with his head on a small
corner of the quilt, using it as a pillow.

Rox got very sick yesterday and the vet found a large tumour and several
others in his belly. We had to put him down tonight.

I'm going to miss my friend. He was such a good, good dog.

sad,
Marijke, in Montreal

Old January 7th 04, 03:47 AM
AlenasMom

"Marijke" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

*hugs* I'm so sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a pet!

Old January 7th 04, 03:48 AM
frood

You all have my deepest sympathy. I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend.

--
Wendy
De-Fang email address to reply
. ..

Old January 7th 04, 04:05 AM
nana2b

I have gone through this with my beloved "babies" and it never gets easier,
but it is the most loving gift you can give them. To release them from
their pain. Hugs to you, Nana

Old January 7th 04, 04:35 AM
Jalynne

Oh i'm sooo sorry. Having gone through this in the past year, I still feel the pain.
((((((((((Marijke))))))))

--
Jalynne - Keeper of the Quilt for ME club list

. ..

Old January 7th 04, 05:21 AM
Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply

{{{{{{{{{{Marijke & Family}}}}}}}}} I know exactly how you feel. We had to
send Mikey Fat Cat on her journey across the Rainbow Bridge back in August
after having her for 11 years. As others have said, this is the last gift we
can give our "babies" -- to send them on their final journey with all of our
love and no regrets. CiaoMeow ^;;^
..
PAX, Tia Mary ^;;^ Queen of Kitties
Angels can't show their wings on earth but nothing was ever said about their
WHISKERS!!
Nothing is complete without a few cat hairs!

Old January 7th 04, 09:45 AM
Patti

What a beautiful tribute, Marijke.
Brought tears to my eyes, as I felt the love he had generated.
Soon you'll be able to enjoy remembering the happy times, I hope.
..
In article , Marijke
writes
[...]

Best Regards
pat on the hill

Dianne and Rainbow linen Donna D. Needlework 6 January 30th 05 11:35 PM
AD: Chubbees, sets, rainbow obsidian Juanita Floyd Beads 0 February 29th 04 09:10 PM
Rainbow Bridge linda f. Needlework 7 February 25th 04 11:07 PM
Marty Bell Crossed The Rainbow Bridge! Tia Mary-remove nekoluvr to reply Needlework 2 October 31st 03 02:06 PM