"Knitty Gritty" - Hot Off the Press

Old June 18th 04, 04:02 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

Default "Knitty Gritty" - Hot Off the Press

The July 2004 issue of "Satellite Direct" came in the morning's mail.
On the cover was Vickie Howell whose new show "Knitty Gritty" was
featured. With a two-page story, "Knitty Gritty" premiers July 2 at 10
a.m. ET on the "Do it Yourself" network.

To highlight the story:

" 'Along with just teaching you the basics, we're teaching you how to
apply knitting to your life. Whether you're a teenager or a
50-year-old, we try to make the show boundary-less,' said Howell. The
show has an unexpected and wild sense of homor. In an effort to prove
that wool is actually warmer when it's wet, one episode actually found
Howell deluged with a bucket of water."

This promises to be interesting!
grin
Dianne

Old June 18th 04, 07:54 PM
Joan Erickson

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

This promises to be interesting!

Dang! I sure wish our satellite dish worked (hasn't for about 5
years--it just takes up space in the yard). Don't suggest cable; we
live in the country and we'll *never* get cable out there.

--
Joan

See my first-ever design he
http://www.heritageshoppe.com/joan.jpg

"Stitch when you are young and poor, frame when you are old and rich."
- Elizabeth's (rctn'r) sister's MIL (Barbara Marr)

Old June 18th 04, 08:05 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

You need to look into DirectTV. You might be more "rural" than I, but I
don't think that's a problem anymore. They give you free everything,
plus good deals to start.

We finally got rid of cable when DirectTV offered us local channels just
this past late winter.

I was surprised how few "craft" shows there are. The magazine listed
just a few. All those channels and needlework is barely a presence.

Dianne

Old June 18th 04, 10:56 PM
Joan Erickson

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

You need to look into DirectTV. You might be more "rural" than I, but I
don't think that's a problem anymore. They give you free everything,
plus good deals to start.

We checked into it when it first became available here but I don't
remember why we decided not to get it. We should probably check into
again.

Old June 18th 04, 11:40 PM
Rhiannon

DIY is only available on the digital cable tier in my area so I won't
see this either.

As for how few craft shows are on the air, I'm not surprised. How many
of us really want to waste valuable stitching time trying to make
ourselves look good enough to be on tv? {g&d&r}

As for the kaput satellite dish...do you decorate it for the holidays?
My father glares at me every time I suggest that use for his.

Joan Erickson wrote:

Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

This promises to be interesting!

Dang! I sure wish our satellite dish worked (hasn't for about 5
years--it just takes up space in the yard). Don't suggest cable; we
live in the country and we'll *never* get cable out there.

--
Brenda
"Nothing...I got nothing for sale."

Old June 19th 04, 04:51 PM
Liz Hampton

Dang! I sure wish our satellite dish worked (hasn't for about 5
years--it just takes up space in the yard). Don't suggest cable; we
live in the country and we'll *never* get cable out there.

--
Joan

I heard of someone who set their old dish in the ground, filled it up and
used it as a sort of raised bed. At least that way you would get
something out of it. :-)
Liz from Humbug

Old June 19th 04, 05:13 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 6/19/04 11:51 AM, in article , "Liz
Hampton" wrote:

Dang! I sure wish our satellite dish worked (hasn't for about 5
years--it just takes up space in the yard). Don't suggest cable; we
live in the country and we'll *never* get cable out there.

--
Joan

I heard of someone who set their old dish in the ground, filled it up and
used it as a sort of raised bed. At least that way you would get
something out of it. :-)
Liz from Humbug

I've seen that one done - it was sort of a "sunken garden" about the ground;
they set the dish on the ground and had stairs to climb up the side. I think
there was even a water fall or a brook. (this was one of the those huge
dishes - 30 foot or more!)

And there was the one a la the tipped over bucket.

If I can remember the site with "tacky" garden art, I'll post it.

Cheryl

Old June 19th 04, 05:23 PM
Caryn

I heard of someone who set their old dish in the ground, filled it up and
used it as a sort of raised bed. At least that way you would get
something out of it. :-)

There is a thought....

The house we bought already had one of the big monstrosities in the yard, we
already had the smaller DirecTV dish and service, so it sits out there, slowly
rusting.

I've considered planting morning glories around it.

Caryn
Blue Wizard Designs
http://hometown.aol.com/crzy4xst/index.html
Updated: 7/7/03 -- now available Dragon of the Stars
View WIPs at: http://community.webshots.com/user/carynlws (Caryn's UFO's)
Old June 19th 04, 08:18 PM
Caryn

I've considered planting morning glories around it.

Caryn

And moon flowers and scarlet runner beans and lab labs.....
Cheryl

One of these days I'm going to take pictures of my yard, satellite dish and
all, and send them to you for gardening advice/planning!

BTW, so far the daylilies haven't been nibbled by any of Bambi's cousins!
Yippeeee!