Quilt Pro ?

Old August 31st 03, 04:28 PM
Sandy Foster

Default Quilt Pro ?

In article ,
"..Mickie Swall.." wrote:

I have EQ5 already, and love it, but I've been nebbing around the
Qult Pro site and found a few desirable features that it has that
Electric Quilt does not - one being the Rotary Cutter Tool, and the
other the ability to create class handouts with illustrations and
notes on them.
I'm seriously considering getting Quilt Pro and running it in
tandem with EQ - the class handout option alone will justify the
price for me. (I can get it from AQS at 30% off retail).
Any comments or suggestions from those of you that have it?
TIA
Mickie

I'd make comments, but I don't have either of those features on the
version currently available for the Mac.
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster
Old August 31st 03, 04:47 PM
nana2b

Hi Mickie, Is there any way that you know of to obtain a new manual for
EQ5? My was lost in a move after the box was ruined in a water heater
leak. I do not know much just the basics and I would like to try and use
this program. Thanks in advance for your input, Lindaq

--
Sugar & Spice Quilts by Linda E
http://community.webshots.com/user/frame242

Old August 31st 03, 05:17 PM
Mary in Rock Island IL

Mickie--Seems to me that people do export things from EQ5 to make
class handouts. There are likely detailed instructions in their
archives.
Mary
Old August 31st 03, 05:19 PM
dogmom

Is there any way you can try it before you buy it? FWIW, I have an old
version--QP3--and never found it very user-friendly, altho' the case might
be made that the user wasn't very computer-friendly! Still, doin' some
things on it seemed unnecessarily difficult, so I've never used it much.

Dogmom

Old August 31st 03, 05:29 PM
..Mickie Swall..

If you still have the CD and the serial number (did you register it?)
I'm sure if you contact the Electric Quilt company, they will have
a solution for you. http://www.electricquilt.com/Help/ContactUs.htm
Let us know how things work out.
Were both of the manuals in the ruined box?
Mickie

Old August 31st 03, 05:45 PM
nana2b

Mickie, Everythink in that box that was paper was turned to mush. The CD
survived and I was so surprised that it worked in the PC. I do have the
number as I always write it on the CD just in case. I think I will try to
get the manual as you suggest. I will let you know.

Old August 31st 03, 10:37 PM
Eldrid

Hi Mickie
I have been using QuiltPro for many years, and I use it a lot. The Rotary
Cutter is a very useful tool, I like it especially when making paper piecing
patterns/designs, because I can then "draw" with the rotary cutter on the
square/rectangle/whatever much as I would do with a pencil.
For class handouts consisting mainly of templates for blocks I use the Print
Template function in QuiltPro, as the different templates can be moved
around and rotated so you can fill the sheet properly.
If I need a handout with more illustrations ant text, I export the
illustrations from QuiltPro as emf files and then import into Word. For my
first published pattern I used only QuiltPro to make all the illustrations
as well as the templates.

Hope this was of some help, and feel free to ask if there is anything else
(might not be able to answer everything, but I'll try :-)

Best wishes

Eldrid in Norway

http://kameleonquilt.com

Old September 1st 03, 12:02 AM
Kathy Applebaum

Um, Sandy, I have QP on the Mac, and my version has both of those features.
(AFAIK, I have the latest version). I used both the last time I used the
program, which was to make instructions for a block our minigroup was doing.

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old September 1st 03, 12:04 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"dogmom" wrote in message
Is there any way you can try it before you buy it?

http://www.quiltpro.com/demos.shtml

NAYY

Old September 1st 03, 12:35 AM
Kathy Applebaum

"Kathy Applebaum" wrote:

Um, Sandy, I have QP on the Mac, and my version has both of those

features.
(AFAIK, I have the latest version). I used both the last time I used the
program, which was to make instructions for a block our minigroup was

doing.

--

Oops! You're right, of course, Kate! What I was thinking of is that I
usually revert to QP2, because I have consistent crashing of QP3 when I
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas

http://home.earthlink.net/~s_foster

Hmmm.... I haven't had any problems with it crashing when I was running on
OS 9.1. Haven't fired it up since I got the laptop that runs 10.2.6, though.