Happy Labor Day!

Old September 2nd 03, 04:27 AM
Polly Esther

Default Happy Labor Day!

Kellie wrote (in part) I'm going out to weed the garden in the rain...
then going upstairs to quilt if the family will allow it!
I hope you didn't weed the garden in the rain. I remember well(so
does everybody) the day I decided I would plant tomatoes according to the
day that the Farmer's Almanac said all the moons and signs were right for
tomato planting.
The rain came in floods. Undaunted, I went right on, sat in the mud
with my beautiful little tomato plants and put them in the ground. The
plants thrived. The almanac was right. Even my stakes rooted and grew.
Is this the place where I mention that all kinds of folks that I
hadn't seen in years just happened to drop by? And the local television
camera crew? That's hard to live down. Well, impossible, I'd guess. Polly

Old September 2nd 03, 04:59 AM
Kellie J. Berger

Polly said: I hope you didn't weed the garden in the rain.

I did. No one pays me much mind around here anyway. Thank goodness no one
saw me jumping in the gutter puddles yesterday in a dress! They've all
decided i am off my rocker and they'd best steer clear of me when i do
(strange) things like that! Weeded half the grocery garden (stubborn grass
has taken over! comes out much more easily after a day of rain though) and
weeded the sidewalk cracks.
Today I also made a pot of chili. Went grocery shopping, balanced the
checkbook, changed the air filters, mailed some long overdue letters and
finally talked DH into putting up my pegboard in the studio (aka the room i
*stole* from the kids). Never did get any sewing done, but the room is
looking MUCH better now! Did a lot of sorting and filing and furniture
moving and re-arranging of stuff up there and even some fabric fondling.
Now i think i'll be able to start work on something quilty again. Tomorrow
night is the Killer Bees meeting, so I have to finish the lottery applique
block by dinner time...

Kellie.... off to bed so i can wake up before my kids in the morning.

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
link.net...

Kellie wrote (in part) I'm going out to weed the garden in the rain...
then going upstairs to quilt if the family will allow it!
I hope you didn't weed the garden in the rain. I remember well(so
does everybody) the day I decided I would plant tomatoes according to the
day that the Farmer's Almanac said all the moons and signs were right for
tomato planting.
The rain came in floods. Undaunted, I went right on, sat in the

mud
with my beautiful little tomato plants and put them in the ground. The
plants thrived. The almanac was right. Even my stakes rooted and grew.
Is this the place where I mention that all kinds of folks that I
hadn't seen in years just happened to drop by? And the local television
camera crew? That's hard to live down. Well, impossible, I'd guess. Polly

OT Happy Birthday Kathy H Shirley Shone Beads 12 January 21st 05 02:06 AM
OT Happy Birthday Jalynne! ~Candace~ Beads 21 November 26th 04 01:35 PM
Happy happy happy! ally Beads 6 September 3rd 03 12:19 AM
Hey Happy B Butterfly Quilting 0 July 26th 03 07:05 PM