OT - To Martha in In

Old September 2nd 03, 02:24 AM
Donna in Idaho

Default OT - To Martha in In

Are you there or have you floated down the river? - even though it seems to
me you were on pretty high ground. I just saw on the Weather Channel that
Indianapolis has had over 7 inches of rain today and it's still raining, and
Terre Haute 5 inches. Hope everything is ok with all of you in Indiana and
thereabouts. Sounds pretty bad.
--
Donna in Idaho!
Project Linus Boise/SW Idaho Coordinator

The ultimate inspiration is the deadline!

Old September 2nd 03, 03:31 AM
Martha in IN

Hi Donna,
Still here, lots of water hereabouts though. We left early yesterday
(Saturday) morning to go to King's Island in Cincinnati with family to see
DGD Emily in dance competition. Theme parks not one of my favorite things,
but Emily is, so off we went. Started raining on the way and rained off and
on all weekend. Not exactly the greatest thing for outdoor competition. The
good part is that her team won a first in their category. Lots and lots of
water everywhere. One of the families with us from Terre Haute had so much
water in their back yard, their pool overflowed and all their mulch ended up
in their pool. Yuck what a thing to come home to. Home again this evening.
Luckily our pool and yard ok for now. Lucky too those good old sump pumps
just kept on pumpin'. G You're right we are on high ground near us is the
highest spot in the county, but I imagine there are lots of us here in Vigo
County not so lucky. Haven't had a chance to check the local news since
we've been home. Thanks for asking...glub, glub, glub.
Martha