OT Evacuated again.

Old August 30th 08, 03:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Default OT Evacuated again.

Here we go again. Three years ago today, Katrina slammed the Gulf
Coast, and now Gustav is swirling towards us. This time, we decided to
get out early, being as dh is retired and we can do so. After much
organising, telephoning etc., we are in a motel in Hammond, LA, about an
hour north of New Orleans, right on I-55 if we should have to go further
north and at the junction of I-12 if we have to go east or west. At
first, there were "no vacancies", but I finally found one which would
take us for two nights. We stayed there last night, but the whole place
has been reserved for emergency workers as of Monday a.m. However, I
thought that being on the spot might help, so this morning I made a list
of every hotel in town, going from best downwards according to reviews
on TripAdvisor, and we started driving around. We came to this one,
which is not taking any advance reservations, but when I said I could
check in immediately and pay in advance if they would guarantee me that
I could stay until at least Wednesday a.m., they gave us a room. It is
very nice, a former Holiday Inn but renovated, nice rooms., beautiful
pool, rec. area (they also have an RV park behind the hotel). Of course,
we were late checking out of the other place, so had to pay for a second
night, but I thought that a small price to pay in order to have a
guaranteed place to stay.

Olwyn Mary NOT in New Orleans.
Old August 30th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 30, 5:20*am, Olwyn Mary wrote:
[...]

** Posted fromhttp://www.teranews.com**

Olwyn Mary
I wish you Safety . luck and that nothing will get ruined !!!!!!
mirjam
mirjam
Old August 30th 08, 04:15 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

On Aug 29, 9:20*pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:
[...]

I will keep you in my thoughts. Things are crazy in my town with gas,
supplies and hotels, but it looks like MS will dodge the bullet. I
will hope for the best for LA and TX, and anyone else affected by
Gustav.
Old August 30th 08, 06:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On Aug 29, 10:20*pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:
[...]

Oh, dear, Olwyn Mary, I hope that there will be no devastation as
there
was last time.

Higs,
Katherine
Old August 30th 08, 11:03 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

[...]

Olwyn Mary, since my last post, I have done a bit of checking. It
looks as
though your fears are justified. You and your city will certainly be
in my
prayers.

Higs,
Katherine
Old August 31st 08, 09:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Olwyn Mary wrote:
[...]

Hello Mary,

I have relatives in La Place, LA, on the north side of the big lake.
They have left early also.

You are all in our prayers.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old September 1st 08, 07:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y[_2_]

We have our reporters over there Olwyn, so we are watching it all..you are
in my thoughts as this rages through...

Special sentiments to you and your country folk.

Higz Cher