Life sized doll patterns?

Old August 14th 08, 04:49 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Life sized doll patterns?

"Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote in message ...
Murielle wrote:
"Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote in message
Shirley Shone wrote:
Would this be of any use. It comes up at 28.1/2 inch tall.
I know it is designed for making on a serger but perhaps you can adapt
it.

http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Proj...l/Vanessa_Vale
ntine_Serger_Doll

Shirley
There seem to be a good selection of links here
http://www.clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Thank you, Bruce. I'll head over there now ... Orkney? Scotland?

Murielle

Yes, the Orkney in Scotland rather than the one in South Africa.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK

I was born in Scotland! Glasgow. And, I wasn't aware there was an Orkney
in South Africa (blush).

Oh, I had a look at the site you sent. What great stuff! I d/l a pattern
for a zebra that a friend of mine will just love. It's a wonderful site.
Thanks for sharing it with me.

Murielle

Old August 14th 08, 04:53 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"L" wrote in message
"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi Shirely,

I tried the link and got something very weird advising me to contact
someone about website error. I'll try it again.

In any case, thank you so much for the link. I'm sure once I figure out
how to access the pattern it will be quite simple to adapt.

The link was long, and so spread out over two lines. You can use cut and
paste to add the rest of the second line, or use this 'tiny' url (from
tinyurl.com)
http://preview.tinyurl.com/58vzau

That worked! Thanks, she's adorable. I've bookmarked it so I can go back
and have a longer look.

Thank you.

Murielle

Old August 14th 08, 04:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Nancy Scott" wrote in message
m...
How realistic? Back in the day when I actually dealt with kidlets, one
fairly fun activity was to take an old sheet and trace around the child
(leave a bit of space around the edges, then back it and sew along the
tracing leaving space to turn and stuff the doll). Stuffing to the knees,
then sewing, then the hips then sewing (and doing the same at the arms)
makes the dolls a little more flexible). Fabric paint works to let the
little ones decorate the faces, if you are ambitious you can sew on some
yarn hair.

Not very realistic, but a lot of fun in the making.

Nan Scott

Hi Nan,

Thank you! This is a great idea for when they're a little bit older. Right
now, collectively, they have the attention span of a gnat. But I can see
them really enjoying that in a year or two, so I'm going to save your idea
and tuck it away for a rainy day.

Thanks again,
Murielle
"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi,

I'd love to make a couple of life sized dolls for "my little girls" for
Christmas this year. I've had a look on-line but must not have the right
search engine or something because I've only found two.

Has anyone made one? Anyone have any ideas on how I can make one?
(Well, two.)

Thanks,
Murielle

Old August 14th 08, 05:30 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Murielle wrote:
I was born in Scotland! Glasgow. And, I wasn't aware there was an Orkney
in South Africa (blush).

Oh, I had a look at the site you sent. What great stuff! I d/l a pattern
for a zebra that a friend of mine will just love. It's a wonderful site.
Thanks for sharing it with me.

A lot of Scots aren't aware of the location of Orkney (the UK one). When
Maureen was in hospital in Aberdeen a couple of years ago she was amazed
that the local medical staff weren's sure exactly where Orkney was and
often mixed up Orkney and Shetland.
I only know about the Orkney in S Africa because of a result from Google
a few years ago g Glad you liked the website.
Old August 15th 08, 10:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Y[_2_]

I thought what was meant was the reborn baby dolls, Ive made tons of them,
weighing in from 3lbs upwards to a dumpling boy of 8lbs he was lovely and
made from doll parts I picked up on ebay...have a look at them under
berenguer reborn.

higz Cher

Old August 23rd 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Y" wrote in message
I thought what was meant was the reborn baby dolls, Ive made tons of them,
weighing in from 3lbs upwards to a dumpling boy of 8lbs he was lovely and
made from doll parts I picked up on ebay...have a look at them under
berenguer reborn.

higz Cher

I will. I've never heard of this one ... Thank you.

Murielle

Old August 23rd 08, 02:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message ...
Murielle wrote:
I was born in Scotland! Glasgow. And, I wasn't aware there was an
Orkney in South Africa (blush).

Oh, I had a look at the site you sent. What great stuff! I d/l a
pattern for a zebra that a friend of mine will just love. It's a
wonderful site. Thanks for sharing it with me.

A lot of Scots aren't aware of the location of Orkney (the UK one). When
Maureen was in hospital in Aberdeen a couple of years ago she was amazed
that the local medical staff weren's sure exactly where Orkney was and
often mixed up Orkney and Shetland.
I only know about the Orkney in S Africa because of a result from Google a
few years ago g Glad you liked the website.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
http://preview.tinyurl.com/3b54af

Oh, I really did! I highly recommend it. It really has something for
everyone.

I haven't been back to Scotland since I was twelve and at that time not too
much had changed. I'm almost afraid to go back now. I won't recognize
anything. :-)

Murielle

FS: 3 applique books by Pat Andreatta with full-sized patterns (OOP) Chip and Allie Orange Marketplace 0 May 26th 07 03:11 PM
doll clothes patterns myswendy Yarn 8 March 20th 07 10:39 PM
doll clothes patterns myswendy Yarn 1 March 5th 07 06:27 AM
AD - sequins/bead appliques EBAY AUCTIONS for clothes including doll sized ones Emily Sewing 0 July 6th 04 10:45 PM