Life sized doll patterns?

Old August 12th 08, 08:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)

Default Life sized doll patterns?

Shirley Shone wrote:
Would this be of any use. It comes up at 28.1/2 inch tall.
I know it is designed for making on a serger but perhaps you can adapt it.

http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Proj...l/Vanessa_Vale
ntine_Serger_Doll

Shirley

There seem to be a good selection of links here
http://www.clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney
Old August 13th 08, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Hi Shirely,

I tried the link and got something very weird advising me to contact someone
about website error. I'll try it again.

In any case, thank you so much for the link. I'm sure once I figure out how
to access the pattern it will be quite simple to adapt.

Murielle

"Shirley Shone" wrote in message
Would this be of any use. It comes up at 28.1/2 inch tall.
I know it is designed for making on a serger but perhaps you can adapt it.

http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Proj...l/Vanessa_Vale
ntine_Serger_Doll

Shirley

In message , L
writes
"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi,

I'd love to make a couple of life sized dolls for "my little girls" for
Christmas this year. I've had a look on-line but must not have the
right
search engine or something because I've only found two.

Has anyone made one? Anyone have any ideas on how I can make one?
(Well,
two.)

Is it possible to enlarge the pattern here
http://www.uncommonfolk.org/Child1.html

I found tons of references when I searched, but free patterns are rare, it
seems.

--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

Old August 13th 08, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)" wrote in
message ...
Murielle wrote:
Hi Bruce,

I'm looking for a pattern for a soft "rag-doll" type that would be about
the same size as my little three year old cousins. I think they would
get a kick out of dolls that can wear their clothes.

Murielle
"Bruce Fletcher (Stronsay, Orkney)" wrote
in message ...
As a mere male I am confused. What is a "life sized doll"? How large are
dolls?

Ah, now I understand. Thanks for clearing that up for me.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Glad I could clear it up for you. I did find a pattern on E-Bay for a
pattern for an life-sized doll for dancing. You've probably seen them on
TV, older comedy shows where they dance with these huge dolls that are
attached to the person's feet. ;-))

Murielle

Old August 13th 08, 12:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

wrote in message ...
Shirley Shone wrote:
Would this be of any use. It comes up at 28.1/2 inch tall.
I know it is designed for making on a serger but perhaps you can adapt
it.

http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Proj...l/Vanessa_Vale
ntine_Serger_Doll

Shirley

There seem to be a good selection of links here
http://www.clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Thank you, Bruce. I'll head over there now ... Orkney? Scotland?

Murielle

Old August 13th 08, 05:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Murielle wrote:

Glad I could clear it up for you. I did find a pattern on E-Bay for a
pattern for an life-sized doll for dancing. You've probably seen them on
TV, older comedy shows where they dance with these huge dolls that are
attached to the person's feet. ;-))

I had one of those when I was little, and she slept in my bed when I
went off to school.
Old August 13th 08, 06:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Murielle wrote:

Glad I could clear it up for you. I did find a pattern on E-Bay for a
pattern for an life-sized doll for dancing. You've probably seen them on
TV, older comedy shows where they dance with these huge dolls that are
attached to the person's feet. ;-))

I had one of those when I was little, and she slept in my bed when I went
off to school.

They are so cool!

Murielle

Old August 13th 08, 07:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

wrote in message ...
Shirley Shone wrote:
Would this be of any use. It comes up at 28.1/2 inch tall.
I know it is designed for making on a serger but perhaps you can adapt
it.

http://www.janome.com/index.cfm/Proj...l/Vanessa_Vale
ntine_Serger_Doll

Shirley

There seem to be a good selection of links here
http://www.clothdollconnection.com/FreePatterns.html
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney

Thank you, Bruce. I'll head over there now ... Orkney? Scotland?

Murielle

Yes, the Orkney in Scotland rather than the one in South Africa.
--
Bruce Fletcher
Stronsay, Orkney UK
Old August 13th 08, 04:16 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Nancy Scott

How realistic? Back in the day when I actually dealt with kidlets, one
fairly fun activity was to take an old sheet and trace around the child
(leave a bit of space around the edges, then back it and sew along the
tracing leaving space to turn and stuff the doll). Stuffing to the knees,
then sewing, then the hips then sewing (and doing the same at the arms)
makes the dolls a little more flexible). Fabric paint works to let the
little ones decorate the faces, if you are ambitious you can sew on some
yarn hair.

Not very realistic, but a lot of fun in the making.

Nan Scott
"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi,

I'd love to make a couple of life sized dolls for "my little girls" for
Christmas this year. I've had a look on-line but must not have the right
search engine or something because I've only found two.

Has anyone made one? Anyone have any ideas on how I can make one? (Well,
two.)

Thanks,
Murielle

Old August 13th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi Shirely,

I tried the link and got something very weird advising me to contact
someone about website error. I'll try it again.

In any case, thank you so much for the link. I'm sure once I figure out
how to access the pattern it will be quite simple to adapt.

The link was long, and so spread out over two lines. You can use cut and
paste to add the rest of the second line, or use this 'tiny' url (from
tinyurl.com)
http://preview.tinyurl.com/58vzau

Old August 13th 08, 10:18 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shirley Shone

In message , L
writes
"Murielle" wrote in message
Hi Shirely,

I tried the link and got something very weird advising me to contact
someone about website error. I'll try it again.

In any case, thank you so much for the link. I'm sure once I figure out
how to access the pattern it will be quite simple to adapt.

The link was long, and so spread out over two lines. You can use cut and
paste to add the rest of the second line, or use this 'tiny' url (from
tinyurl.com)
http://preview.tinyurl.com/58vzau

Thanks for doing that, I have never worked out the tiny url thing.
--
Shirley Shone

http://www.allcrafts.org.uk

FS: 3 applique books by Pat Andreatta with full-sized patterns (OOP) Chip and Allie Orange Marketplace 0 May 26th 07 03:11 PM
doll clothes patterns myswendy Yarn 8 March 20th 07 09:39 PM
doll clothes patterns myswendy Yarn 1 March 5th 07 05:27 AM
AD - sequins/bead appliques EBAY AUCTIONS for clothes including doll sized ones Emily Sewing 0 July 6th 04 10:45 PM