Requesting...

Old April 21st 07, 06:21 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

Default Requesting...

Prayers, good thoughts and vibes... anything that could help in anyway...
for my cousin Linda. After going through chemo/radiation for a few months
to try to get rid of the cancer that they never did figure out where the
source was coming from... she just found out that the cancer is back. This
time they have spotted some in her stomach and a spot on her lung and they
aren't sure yet how they want to try treating it. Apparently she told my
sister if the doctors can only give her a 50/50 chance she may decide not to
do the treatments because the last time she was so violently ill with them,
and also some of her flesh was burned and falling off from it. I had heard
about people being ill with the treatments, and about some people losing
their hair (depending on where the treatment was done on them)... but I had
never heard of the flesh falling off part before. She is (and has always
been) so painfully thin as it is, so it has to be really hard on her being
sick to the point of not being able to eat. When we spoke a couple of
weeks ago she told me that she was finally starting to gain a couple of
pounds that she really needed to gain. She also told me that she still
wasn't feeling wonderful, but that the doctors had told her that was normal
as the chemo apparently stays in the system for almost a year, but it would
fade away with time. Now this again! :'o(

My sister told me all of this on the phone on Thursday night when I called
to find out if this weekend would be good for Matthew and I to visit (then
we would surprise my cousin with a visit on Sunday). We had wanted to do
this two months ago, but the weather had other plans, so we waited to be
sure the weather would be nice. Unfortunately my sister is very busy this
weekend, and Matthew is busy next weekend... so we're booking the first
weekend in May on our calendars for this visit. My sister told me the last
time she was talking to Linda, that Linda asked if she can come with them
the next time they come to town to stay with their son as she wants to come
visit me. She hadn't told me that she wanted to come visit when we spoke
two weeks ago, and I haven't told her that we're trying to get there to see
her either, so it looks like we both had the same idea of surprising each
other. )

I have been trying to think of all the fun and funny things that have
happened throughout our lives that had anything to do with Linda, but I'm
finding it very hard not to end up crying even though the memories are
funny. Of course when we go to visit her, I will put on my best happy face
and try very hard not to let my worry show. I will most likely tear up when
it's time to leave... we haven't *seen* each other (she doesn't have a car,
and I couldn't afford to drive that far) for almost 23 years, even though we
spoke/speak on the phone at least once a month or so... and now, God only
knows when (or if) we will see each other again. I am going to do my best
to try to be able to visit her and have her visit me a few times throughout
the summer... and up until bad weather comes back, but I honestly don't know
how many trips I will be able to afford if the price of gas keeps going up.

Anyway... if those of you who do pray would be kind enough to add my cousin
Linda to your prayer list, and those of you who don't pray if you could send
out good thoughts and vibes into the universe... I would really appreciate
it. Thank you!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old April 22nd 07, 03:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Not Likely spun a FINE 'yarn':

Anyway... if those of you who do pray would be kind enough to add my
cousin
Linda to your prayer list, and those of you who don't pray if you could
send
out good thoughts and vibes into the universe... I would really
appreciate
it. Thank you!

*hugs*
Gemini

Not Likely. . .(Gem)
Consider it done, my friend.
Love,
Noreen

Thank you, Noreen!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old April 22nd 07, 04:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Not Likely wrote:
[...]

You and your loved ones have my prayers and best wishes.....treasure all
your moments and be blessed.

Donna

Old April 23rd 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"DAB" Buckeye wrote in message
Not Likely wrote:
[...]

Thank you so much Donna, I really appreciate it. I will definitely treasure
all of our moments. Matthew and I were just outside and got talking about
when Linda and Liam come to visit us, and Matthew was saying that he is
going to see about getting Liam to help him with a couple of repairs, etc to
see if he might be interested in woodworking too. It made me smile, as I'm
sure it will make Linda smile to see the two of them doing things together.
She always loved coming to visit when she was a teen, even though this is a
small town and she grew up in a city... well Liam has never lived anywhere
but Toronto, and you can't get too much of a bigger city than that around
here, so this small town may be a shock to his system, or he may end up
loving it like his Mom always did while growing up.

Matthew says if Liam shows an interest in woodworking he will be happy to
take him under his wing and teach him the ropes. ) Never know... at
some point they may even end up working together in Matthew's woodworking
business... of course that depends if Liam likes it, and if he likes this
small town or not. If he does, and they do end up working together, that
would make Linda (and Aunt Blanche, God rest her soul) happy that he has
bonded with Matthew. Either way... it will just be nice for all of us to
get together and spend as much time as possible together.

Thank you again for your prayers and best wishes.

*hugs*
Gemini

Old April 23rd 07, 12:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Not Likely spun a FINE 'yarn':

"YarnWright" wrote in message
Not Likely spun a FINE 'yarn':

Anyway... if those of you who do pray would be kind enough to add my
cousin Linda to your prayer list, and those of you who don't pray if
you
could send out good thoughts and vibes into the universe... I would
really appreciate it. Thank you!

*hugs*
Gemini

Not Likely. . .(Gem)
Consider it done, my friend.
Love,
Noreen

Thank you, Noreen!

*hugs*
Gemini

Gem / Not Likely. . .
FYI, you and Matthew always HAVE been in my thoughts and prayers, and
anytime
you've ever mentioned any family member in strife, they've automatically
been
included/added.
Hugs,
and BTW, you're more than welcome, sweets!
Noreen

Thank you, Noreen... I did know that, and it does help a great deal.

*hugs*
Gem

Old April 23rd 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
coggietm

Gemini,
Hugs and prayers for you and yours.
Coggie

Old April 23rd 07, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"coggietm" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gemini,
Hugs and prayers for you and yours.
Coggie

Thank you so much, Coggie!

*hugs*
Gemini

Old April 23rd 07, 07:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
BB

Not Likely wrote:

Anyway... if those of you who do pray would be kind enough to add my cousin
Linda to your prayer list, and those of you who don't pray if you could send
out good thoughts and vibes into the universe... I would really appreciate
it. Thank you!

*hugs*
Gemini

Oh Gem, I'll do what I can with the vibes.

BB
Old April 25th 07, 02:23 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"BB" wrote in message
Not Likely wrote:

Anyway... if those of you who do pray would be kind enough to add my
cousin Linda to your prayer list, and those of you who don't pray if you
could send out good thoughts and vibes into the universe... I would
really appreciate it. Thank you!

*hugs*
Gemini

Oh Gem, I'll do what I can with the vibes.

BB

Thank you so much, BB. I really appreciate it!

*hugs*
Gem

Old April 26th 07, 04:04 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
I love my doggie

Default Requesting... Gem

I just read about your cousin problem. I will pray for her tonight.
Pam-Doggirl3
My sites:
http://community.webtv.net/doggirl3/Doggirl3sList/
http://community.webtv.net/iloveyorkies/SugarGifs/

A Braille Related Learning Site for the blind & sighted:
http://www.brailleschool.com