I am NOT going to Michaels craft store anymore....

Old April 21st 07, 01:54 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bricore

Default I am NOT going to Michaels craft store anymore....

On Apr 14, 12:50 pm, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
While Matthew was in one of his cabinetmaking classes last night, I swung
around to Michaels to look for *one* pattern book (the "Love Me Tender Baby
Afghans" that I saw on line and thought was so sweet). I ended up coming
out with.... FOUR pattern books! Bad Gemini... bad, bad bad!!! *sigh*

Thank goodness there was a 40% off coupon to help out. ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

I know what you mean. I don't even drive on the side of town that we
have a Hobby Lobby because I know I'll need up buying a bunch of stuff
(we don' t have a Michaels here in Marion otherwise I'd be staying
away from whatever side of town that would be on too... One day I may
be limited to only staying at home and going to Krogers if I keep this
up.)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

Old April 21st 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

LOL Well, at least not until I have a few dollars to spare! ;o)

*hugs*
Gemini

"Carey N." wrote in message
" I am NOT going to Michaels craft store anymore.... "

Oh, SURE you're not. ;-)

Carey in MA

Old April 21st 07, 04:23 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Not Likely

"Bricore" wrote in message
ups.com...

I know what you mean. I don't even drive on the side of town that we
have a Hobby Lobby because I know I'll need up buying a bunch of stuff
(we don' t have a Michaels here in Marion otherwise I'd be staying
away from whatever side of town that would be on too... One day I may
be limited to only staying at home and going to Krogers if I keep this
up.)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

I hear you! I used to be like that when we had a LewisCraft store in the
mall and a White Rose just down the street from it, in the nearby city. I
really miss LewisCraft and White Rose... they had some really nice stuff.
*sigh*

*hugs*
Gemini

Old April 21st 07, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Bricore" wrote in message
ups.com...

I know what you mean. I don't even drive on the side of town that we
have a Hobby Lobby because I know I'll need up buying a bunch of stuff
(we don' t have a Michaels here in Marion otherwise I'd be staying
away from whatever side of town that would be on too... One day I may
be limited to only staying at home and going to Krogers if I keep this
up.)

Dora Renee' Wilkerson

I hear you! I used to be like that when we had a LewisCraft store in the
mall and a White Rose just down the street from it, in the nearby city. I
really miss LewisCraft and White Rose... they had some really nice stuff.
*sigh*

I have nothing like them in our city.

I'm lucky.

I think ...

sigh

Mary

Old April 21st 07, 11:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I have nothing like them in our city.

I'm lucky.

I think ...

sigh

Mary

We used to have Lewiscraft and Crafts Canada (or some such name), still
have Michaels. Two really nice LYS have closed and another good one is run
by an older lady who wants to sell & retire. (pout)

However !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still have Ram Wools, which is a yarn store to
die for!! They get huge business from phone & on-line as well as regular
drop ins. They're finally getting savvy in marketing their products by
having regular sales rather than two a year. ;) ;)

Shelagh

Old April 22nd 07, 10:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

I have nothing like them in our city.

I'm lucky.

I think ...

sigh

Mary

We used to have Lewiscraft and Crafts Canada (or some such name), still
have Michaels. Two really nice LYS have closed and another good one is
run
by an older lady who wants to sell & retire. (pout)

However !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still have Ram Wools, which is a yarn store to
die for!! They get huge business from phone & on-line as well as regular
drop ins. They're finally getting savvy in marketing their products by
having regular sales rather than two a year. ;) ;)

Shelagh

But you're not in Britain, are you?

I know of an excellent e-mail supplier but you can't feel the yarn as you
can in the shop :-(

Mary

Old April 22nd 07, 10:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
t...

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

We used to have Lewiscraft and Crafts Canada (or some such name), still
have Michaels. Two really nice LYS have closed and another good one is
run by an older lady who wants to sell & retire. (pout)

However !!!!!!!!!!!!!! We still have Ram Wools, which is a yarn store

die for!! They get huge business from phone & on-line as well as

regular
drop ins. They're finally getting savvy in marketing their products by
having regular sales rather than two a year. ;) ;)

Shelagh

But you're not in Britain, are you?

No

I know of an excellent e-mail supplier but you can't feel the yarn as you
can in the shop :-(

We also have an excellent on-line supplier that I order from a LOT....
http://www.elann.com

Shelagh