Wow, I thought this would never happen

Old August 4th 08, 06:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]

Default Wow, I thought this would never happen

wrote:

I've been drooling over that Danbury jacket for years even before I was
brave enough to think about knitting without my knitting machine.

If you drooled about it GO KNIT IT !!!!!!!

I know, I know. I just need to see if I have enough of this yarn for
it, because doing something with this yarn comes next (can't afford to
buy any more yarn until I find more work, and all I can do is use what's
in my small stash). Besides, you know how us obsessive-compulsive
perfectionists are -- we have to have the PERFECT yarn for the
project... which is why it takes me forever to decide on what to work on.
Old August 5th 08, 03:59 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 4, 8:48*pm, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
wrote:
buy any more yarn until I find more work, and all I can do is use what's

in my small stash). *Besides, you know how us obsessive-compulsive
perfectionists are -- we have to have the PERFECT yarn for the
project... which is why it takes me forever to decide on what to work on.

Samantha
Is your wool real wool or is it some man made fiber ?
mirjam
Old August 5th 08, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 5, 7:45*am, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
Is your wool real wool or is it some man made fiber ?

I don't do real wool, because I don't do anything special-care. *If it
can't go in the washer and the dryer and on the hanger or in the drawer
and then be worn, it sits around forever either waiting to be
hand-washed or ironed before it gets worn.

Pity because i have Only real wool and i could send you some more
longtalied threads to fill up your collection !!!! sorry
mirjam
Old August 12th 08, 05:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
nightbear

On Aug 5, 1:19 am, wrote:
On Aug 5, 7:45 am, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply

Is your wool real wool or is it some man made fiber ?

I don't do real wool, because I don't do anything special-care. If it
can't go in the washer and the dryer and on the hanger or in the drawer
and then be worn, it sits around forever either waiting to be
hand-washed or ironed before it gets worn.

Pity because i have Only real wool and i could send you some more
longtalied threads to fill up your collection !!!! sorry
mirjam

Hello, My name is Susan I am new to your group. I just wanted t say
that my cousin has a few pet sheep and she has gotten into making her
own yarn, She shears, cleans dyes and spins it. She gave me a few
skeins a few months ago and I have been in knitting heaven ever since.
I have alrady used it all up. Socks and scarfs mostly. But I do love
it. But like you commented it is more difficult to take care of. She
wants me to try felting but I haven't gotten the nerve yet. But I did
try yarn art. If you aren't familiar it is where you take different
colors of scraps and you push them into a thick felted piece of
backing with a felting needle and you make a picture out of it. It is
really cool and forces you to be creative. Anyway just wanted to say
hi. My main love of knitting is baby knitting. It is quick easy and
there is always someone pregnant around me. But you can't use the
natural yarns for that. Oh well... thanks a lot for listening.

Susan
http://www.babyknittingpatternsblog.com
Old August 12th 08, 05:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

nightbear wrote:
hi. My main love of knitting is baby knitting. It is quick easy and
there is always someone pregnant around me. But you can't use the
natural yarns for that. Oh well... thanks a lot for listening.

Cotton is pretty washable, and I do use cotton.
Old August 13th 08, 08:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
[email protected]

On Aug 12, 7:51*am, Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply
wrote:
nightbear wrote:
hi. My main love of knitting is baby knitting. It is quick easy and
there is always someone pregnant around me. But you can't use the
natural yarns for that. Oh well... thanks a lot for listening.

Cotton is pretty washable, and I do use cotton.

And there is a Machinewashable cotton NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome Susan
mirjam

This is what can happen. Bruce Needlework 0 October 21st 06 11:47 PM
How did this happen?!?!?!?! Mj Beads 4 October 3rd 04 11:25 PM
How did this happen? Cheri2Star Beads 11 September 23rd 04 09:34 PM
What would happen to... Les & Claire Jewelry 11 July 12th 03 05:38 AM