hallo all

Old August 16th 06, 09:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Magie Noire

Default hallo all

I suppose it will take a bit of time since cats are so oversensitive. Poor
Hamoudi, give him my caresses :-)
SD

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" a écrit dans le message de news:
Oh yes it was just great ,,,, i had fun just walking fee from the
darned things ,,
Our cat still is in Trauma, and we treat him ,,,,
mirjam

Hello Yekaraty:-)
Did you have fun?
SD
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" a écrit dans le message de
Today i went a bit into town , saw sandals with Crocheted Mini granny
sqaures .
mirjam

Old August 17th 06, 12:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Leah

Mirjam,

Today i went a bit into town , saw sandals with Crocheted Mini granny
sqaures .

Glad to hear you can get out again. I've been really busy with my own
crises, but I think about everyone on the list often.

I'm designing different sandals for slippers (different from the ones
I pictured on my web site), just to see what it takes me to do it, and
what materials I can adapt to make them, and those granny squares
sound really cute. Where were they used? Just for straps? Just in
the foot bed? In both the foot bed and straps? Were the squares made
with thread or thin yarn or thick yarn? My current sandal design will
be for both inside and outside when I finally get it done.

I've been researching sandals, and people made them out of all kinds
of ingenious things, not just leather, but also wood, and all kinds of
natural things like braided flax leaves, yucca fibers (American desert
plant, not sure if it grows elsewhere in the world) spun into thread,
cattail leaves, and thread made from tree bark. They were usually
woven in some manner (coiled or woven in different ways like twill),
which differed in many places, and I found interesting similarity
between Japanese waraji and zori (rope warp with straw woven weft) and
an American Indian sandal design.

Take care!

Leah
Old August 17th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Hallo Leah the mini granny aqures were used for the sandal straps ,l
the soles were `normal `
They seemed to me made either of DMC embroidery threads or very thin
cotton.
mirjam

Old August 17th 06, 07:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Today i went a bit into town , saw sandals with Crocheted Mini granny
sqaures .
mirjam

Good to hear, Mirjam!!
It sounds a bit like more normal, and I hope your days now will
"improve"!!
AUD ;-)

Old August 18th 06, 06:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Thank you Aud ,
Every body here in the North is skeptical ,, and we all know another
blow will come ,, but we take life as it comes ,
mirjam

Old August 18th 06, 05:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" skrev i melding
Thank you Aud ,
Every body here in the North is skeptical ,, and we all know another
blow will come ,, but we take life as it comes ,
mirjam

To be honest, WE are sceptical too, Mirjam!
But we hope the best! And listen to the news' details several times a
day!
Let's hope there is a solution everybody can "live with"!
Hugs, and take care!
AUD ;-))