Necchi-Alco model #301 manual source?

Old January 4th 04, 08:48 AM
KKL

Default Necchi-Alco model #301 manual source?

DD found this appears-to-work machine at the curb on trash day! Any idea
where she could get a manual? (No luck with Google, eBay.)

Old January 4th 04, 05:42 PM
Kay Lancaster

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 07:48:49 GMT, KKL wrote:
DD found this appears-to-work machine at the curb on trash day! Any idea
where she could get a manual? (No luck with Google, eBay.)

If nothing else turns up, call Montavilla Sewing in Portland, OR --
503 254-7317. They've been able to get lots of manuals for lots of machines.

Kay Lancaster

Old January 5th 04, 04:06 PM
joy beeson

I hunted and hunted on a manual-source once posted here
(discarded the URL when I was done with it, alas), and
hunted and hunted on the pages it linked to -- lots of
Whites, but no model FR -- finally tried Google, hoping for
another manual-sales place, and lo and behold, on the very
first page of hits there was a copy of the manual for the
White Family Rotary some kind soul had converted to HTML and
posted for all to use free of charge.

I haven't figured out how to print it out without splitting
the illustrations, but now I know the FR bobbin winds the
opposite way from my other bobbins.

BTW, the first site I looked at had the threading
instructions from many of their manuals posted on the
website -- I really shouldn't have discarded the URL;
questions it could answer are posted fairly often.

Joy Beeson
--
http://home.earthlink.net/~joybeeson/ -- needlework
http://home.earthlink.net/~beeson_n3f/ -- Writers' Exchange

Old January 5th 04, 09:56 PM
Pogonip

joy beeson wrote:

BTW, the first site I looked at had the threading
instructions from many of their manuals posted on the
website -- I really shouldn't have discarded the URL;
questions it could answer are posted fairly often.

Joy Beeson

Was it http://www.needlebar.com/ by any chance? There's
lots of great information there.
--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.