OT US troops

Old November 16th 03, 05:47 PM
Karlee in Kansas

Default OT US troops

Greetings everyone! I have been working on something for a while now, and
I thought I'd let you in on it. I'm looking for volunteers.

The US still has troops in Iraq and in Afghanistan, and morale is terrible
for them right now. One of my best friends of about 10 years is married to
a Captain in the US Army (he is also a good friend of mine), and his unit
is in "The 'Stan". They left after only having 24 hours notice, and just
had their time over there extended for another 90 days. I think it goes
without saying that there are more than a few of them that aren't very
happy about it. In talking to Kelly, I found out that there are a number
of single soldiers that don't get anything in the way of care packages, or
even letters showing support.

I know back when the war started, there were a few people that wanted to
send packages and I was working on finding a place where they could send
them. For some reason, it kept falling through the cracks, but now, I have
an address to send to, instructions, and a list of "most needed" things.
There are a couple stipulations, and I'll let you in on those via email if
you are interested.

I'm not going to push this, and this will be my only asking. But I know
that several of you wanted to help before, and that is why I'm offering
now. Even something as simple as an email (that I can forward to them) or
a hand written note of appreciation goes a long way.

If you are (still) interested, you can email me at mnkbrennan @ charter .
net (no spaces) and I'll give you all the details that I can.

Hugs,
Karlee in Kansas, also an army wife

TIDBITS 10/12/03 Benjamin Mark Jewelry 0 October 12th 03 05:35 PM
TIDBITS 10/12/03 Benjamin Mark General Crafting 0 October 12th 03 05:30 PM
TIDBITS 10/12/03 Benjamin Mark Marketplace 0 October 12th 03 05:29 PM
TIDBITS 10/12/03 Benjamin Mark Beads 0 October 12th 03 05:28 PM