Suggestions wanted

Old July 20th 04, 09:10 PM
Julia in MN

Default Suggestions wanted

Several (six, to be exact) members of our large guild are forming a
small group which will meet in addition to the guild. We are planning
some social events (trips to quilt shops, for example), work on charity
quilts, work on our own projects, etc. We want to come up with a name
for the group, but so far all we have come up with is Cut-Ups and
another group in our guild is using that. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions for other activities? We talked a bit about
a block exchange, a round robin or row robin, a challenge, etc.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

Old July 20th 04, 10:01 PM

Um ... Stripers?

--
Anne in CA ... ducking and running
"It's not having what you want; it's wanting what you've got." -- Sheryl Crow

Julia in MN wrote:

Several (six, to be exact) members of our large guild are forming a
small group which will meet in addition to the guild. We are planning
some social events (trips to quilt shops, for example), work on charity
quilts, work on our own projects, etc. We want to come up with a name
for the group, but so far all we have come up with is Cut-Ups and
another group in our guild is using that. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions for other activities? We talked a bit about
a block exchange, a round robin or row robin, a challenge, etc.

Julia in MN

http://mail.chartermi.net/~jaccola/

remove NOSPAM to reply

Old July 20th 04, 10:32 PM
georg

Julia in MN wrote:

Several (six, to be exact) members of our large guild are forming a
small group which will meet in addition to the guild. We are planning
some social events (trips to quilt shops, for example), work on charity
quilts, work on our own projects, etc. We want to come up with a name
for the group, but so far all we have come up with is Cut-Ups and
another group in our guild is using that. Anyone have any other
suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions for other activities? We talked a bit about
a block exchange, a round robin or row robin, a challenge, etc.

Julia in MN

While I'd be great as a member of any group called The Cross Patch, I
don't recommend that one... Or the Fat Quarters... A good newsletter is
Snippets.

Pick a block pattern. Friendship Stars.

-georg

Old July 20th 04, 11:54 PM
JoyceG in WA

My little group of quilting buddies is called the "Quilty Chicks" in a
take-off, I guess, of the Dixie Chicks. Don't know how we came up with it, it
just "happened." LOL

-JoyceG in WA

Julia in MN wants ideas:

Old July 21st 04, 12:21 AM
Tamara

I belong to a mini group that meets on Friday nights. So we call
ourselves the Gal Fridays'. What about the Thread Heads? If you met on
Saturday's there is always Saturday Stitchers.

For ideas as what do, the first year we met depending on the month and
if someone had a birthday we all made that person a birthday block. We
left it up to the birthday girl as far as what she would like. It was
fun. We also made a group quilt for our annual Silent Auction. We just
got back yesterday from our first retreat to Lake Tahoe. That was fun.

Old July 21st 04, 12:29 AM
Anna Belle

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 15:10:10 -0500, Julia in MN
wrote:

Several (six, to be exact) members of our large guild are forming a
small group which will meet in addition to the guild. We are planning
some social events (trips to quilt shops, for example), work on charity
quilts, work on our own projects, etc. We want to come up with a name
for the group, but so far all we have come up with is Cut-Ups and
another group in our guild is using that. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Do you have any suggestions for other activities? We talked a bit about
a block exchange, a round robin or row robin, a challenge, etc.

Julia in MN

My small group is "Circle of Friends:. We use friendship star as our
choice of squares.
We have enjoyed a tin box exchange, done over 6 months. We have
completed these for two different periods and made different sizes
each time. We always have an ugly fat quarter exchange and a holiday
finger food, with exchanges.
Our last trip was to a quilt shop to see a demo of three different
quilting machines. Very informative.
Anything else that strikes us on the spur of the moment.
Anna Belle in Palm Bay
Old July 21st 04, 02:15 AM
Pauline O'Connell

One suggestion I have is for when you go to quilt shops. I occasionally
organize my small group to go "shopping" & I call ahead & ask the owner if
they are inclined to give a small group a discount if we all come together.
I've only been turned down once. The discount usually ends up being 20%.
Can't hurt to try.

Pauline

Old July 21st 04, 02:26 AM
dogmom

Patchwork Pals? Hexa-gones? (since you'll be taking trips...) Needle Knows
Fliers? The Rotary Club? yeah, I better stop...

Dogmom

Old July 21st 04, 02:27 AM
maryd

I will remember to ask you for ideas next time I need the name for a group.
LOL

--
Mary